Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, how is everyone? I just wanted to introduce myself to you all. I am relatively new to the active use of taurus fire arms. My father, who was a constable, had left for me 2 of his revolvers. One is a S&W police 38 special. I'm not sure what the model number is as there is a different grip on it and I haven't gotten around to looking at the number. The other, my pride and joy of his revolvers, is a Taurus. It is a model 86 .38 special. Beautifully blued with the nice checkered Brazilian hardwood grip. It is a very beefy and well balanced weapon. Firing it is spectacular. This has to be one of the best revolvers I have fired. Being out in the backwoods areas we normally have home made ranges on the many acres owned by friends and family. This is all well and good, but now that I feel confident in shooting as well as the importance of safety of fire arms over the years I feel ready to get my CCW. I have an issue that presents its self. The 86 is the model I feel most comfortable with. I do have a police belt, black leather, with matching belt holsters for the 86 and S&W. These are ridiculously long and leave the entire revolver, boom end and wood end exposed. This is unacceptable. I would like to be some what courteous about this and not cause a panic or worry anyone. Its not my style to go out and be flashing it off. If at most, since I am a bigger guy and wear longer shirts most times such as the ones that are supposed to be tucked in, I would only want to shot the boom end. Even then concealed in a nylon holster for comfort. Does anyone have any ideas on a manufacturer for somthing like this? I looked for it through google, called the locals and they say they can't really see anything that would fit that. Sounds like hog wash to me but hey, I'm not the sales person. So please, if anyone has experience with this let me know. Also glad to be part of this group. I know this is revolvers only forums but one day I also would like to get a 24/7. Thanks all.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma. Hope you find what you are looking for.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas where the West Begins..

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
Hello from Piqua Ohio.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Welcome from East Texas.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky! The 24/7s are absolutely great guns and have a very loyal following. I own 4 and have not had a single issue with any of them. Plan to pick up at least 1 more, maybe more. Can't have too much of a good thing!

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Welcome from the Rust Belt USA....

1.1 USA.gif

·
Registered
695 Posts
Welcome from Kansas!

Have you looked into a shoulder rig? There are several manufacturers that make rigs for longer revolvers. Maybe convert a hunting holster?
Good luck finding what you need.

·
Super Moderator
36,003 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois! We love all kinds of firearms and believe that there really are no bad choices, just some better than others for different uses. Run through the 'concealed carry" section here for some ideas which have been discussed before. We also have a couple of fine holster makers who are sponsors.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Welcome from the Northwoods of MN.

Uncle Mikes should have something in the nylon holster line like you mentioned, while they are not custom fit for one particular firearm they do seem to do a pretty good job of carrying a gun and the price is fairly cheap compared to custom fit leather holsters. Most gun shops should carry them or be able to get one for you.

·
Administrator
39,686 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
31,893 Posts
Welcome from the driest, flattest, most treeless and sand blowingest place in the world, Lubbock, TX.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts