Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
36,283 Posts
I fondle a couple of these already at my local Dope deal--ahh Gun Dealer.
they are nice for me, I don't particualrly need/want one as I have a new Sig 365.
they are close to the same size, my Sig has a little btter trigger and a bit smother operation , even out of the box but its like 50-100 bucks more.
to me you get to a point by adding ammo that you begin to get out of the small pocket carry semi 9 due to weight.
I use the standard 10 round mag in my sig 365 for this reason.
it seems to be a nice introduction, not a bad set of sights on it either for me.

Reactions: BigBlue

·
Registered
36,283 Posts
Wanted to like it but too invested in the p365.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
its so close to the Sig 365 whats not to like?
I like the Hellcat well, the ones that I have fondled are not quite as smooth as my Sig 365, the triggers aren't quite as nice and the reset not as short but all and all its a fine lil pistol to me.
I think they will sale a ton of them.
but no way would I trade my sig 365 in or sale it to buy a hellcat, makes no sense as I got my 365 for just under 500 bucks.
Springfield has always been very helpful as to customer service and thats certainly plus as well.

·
Registered
52 Posts
its so close to the Sig 365 whats not to like?
I like the Hellcat well, the ones that I have fondled are not quite as smooth as my Sig 365, the triggers aren't quite as nice and the reset not as short but all and all its a fine lil pistol to me.
I think they will sale a ton of them.
but no way would I trade my sig 365 in or sale it to buy a hellcat, makes no sense as I got my 365 for just under 500 bucks.
Springfield has always been very helpful as to customer service and thats certainly plus as well.
I guess I should rephrase it. I don't like it enough to leave the p365 platform.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,042 Posts
My local gun dealer can't keep them in stock. He was on the phone yesterday trying to get more of them. I've looked at them and if Sig didn't have the P365 I would probably go for it. I already have the original P365, the NRA version of it and my favorite, the XL version with the flat trigger and 90 degree break. After fondling one last week, I am very tempted to buy the P365 SAS with the new bullseye sight.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
36,283 Posts
My local gun dealer can't keep them in stock. He was on the phone yesterday trying to get more of them. I've looked at them and if Sig didn't have the P365 I would probably go for it. I already have the original P365, the NRA version of it and my favorite, the XL version with the flat trigger and 90 degree break. After fondling one last week, I am very tempted to buy the P365 SAS with the new bullseye sight.

Yea that SAS setup is like Black Magic ain;t it?
IF I didn't already own a regular 365 that's the one that I would buy!

·
Registered
29,895 Posts
Congratulations to Springfield for re-inventing the wheel...or should I say joining the herd of polymer mini 9 mms. This isn't meant to be a sarcastic jab but a compliment. Anytime a shooter can expand the number of models to test the better the chance they'll find "THE" gun that fits them best.

I still love and carry my Taurus G2's and SIG 365. They both feel great in the hand and have equally good triggers. The only gig I give the G2's trigger is the long take up prior to break.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Cause the the F.B.I says no more than 3 rounds is needed None of my Primaries hit a list of less than 10 rounds... Bet you sweet can when no longer a matter of if When it goes down they will show up with more than 3 bullets to take yours

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Cause the the F.B.I says no more than 3 rounds is needed None of my Primaries hit a list of less than 10 rounds... Bet you sweet can when no longer a matter of if When it goes down they will show up with more than 3 bullets to take yours
That's not exactly what the FBI said way back when double stacked handguns were not the norm, and the newer stat's may be different. What the FBI originally said when those stat's first came out was that the average handgun gunfight was usually over in 3 rounds or less, 3 seconds or less, 3 yards or less. Also back then the average gunfight involved just one armed assailant. The problem with that is of course whose to say that if you're in a gunfight for your life that it will statistically be an average one, whatever the new average happens to be.

·
Registered
485 Posts
My wife wants a Hellcat, she rented one for a couple boxes of house ammo at the firing range a while back. I’m sure we’ll get her one eventually. We both have the p365- she loves hers, it her#2 right behind her p320. For me the 365 is just a bit too small for my hands. Even with the pinky extension, I’m stuck with my pinky curled under the magazine. The G2C is just right.

·
Registered
36,283 Posts
My wife wants a Hellcat, she rented one for a couple boxes of house ammo at the firing range a while back. I’m sure we’ll get her one eventually. We both have the p365- she loves hers, it her#2 right behind her p320. For me the 365 is just a bit too small for my hands. Even with the pinky extension, I’m stuck with my pinky curled under the magazine. The G2C is just right.
ahh they make a 12 round and a 15 round extended mag for the 365.
mine fits me with the 10 rounder like a glove, love it.

·
Registered
36,283 Posts
That's not exactly what the FBI said way back when double stacked handguns were not the norm, and the newer stat's may be different. What the FBI originally said when those stat's first came out was that the average handgun gunfight was usually over in 3 rounds or less, 3 seconds or less, 3 yards or less. Also back then the average gunfight involved just one armed assailant. The problem with that is of course whose to say that if you're in a gunfight for your life that it will statistically be an average one, whatever the new average happens to be.
Xactly my thoughts!
I only have one rule in a fight!
I support MY position by being extremely Paranoid.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
I like the red dot option on the hellcat, but I don't want to carry a partially cocked handgun without a manual active safety. Not that I can't safely carry a Glock or Hellcat if I wanted to, I just don't want to. I began my semi auto pistol training with a 1911 type, carried it on duty for awhile when it was finally allowed, and am too old to want to change without needing to. If I do ever carry a pistol without a manual safety it will be a DA with external hammer. If I get the chance to shoot the Hellcat with a red dot at a range somewhere (like a rental) I'd like to do that though.

·
Registered
36,283 Posts
one thing that many times we forget ,and I mention this to people that are looking for small, lightweight weapons to carry--the AMMO-- the weight of the ammo in the gun.
try the a weapon loaded with ammo and you may rethink just how much more ammo that you really want.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Having held both in hand for me the hellcat easily beats out the sig. Reliability sounds encouraging. Hopefully wear is good. When the prices drop substantially I might consider one.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts