Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK,
I know I am probably gonna get ripped a new one for this, BUTTTTTTTT
what is the proper way to line up these sights????

Please be kind!
I have never had them until getting this PT 140

Thanks yall

·
Administrator
40,573 Posts
What Robby said. Not many new ones get ripped here. :thumb:

·
Registered
117 Posts
there kind hard to get used to but after you do their good sights

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yall are great! I really appreciate all the help.
Thanks,
Frosty

·
Registered
66 Posts
EPWrangler said:
Save yourself a lot of headaches and replace them. I did with Fire Sights and it was a great move.
I'm with you. I own two Taurus guns and neither has them but if I did have the Heinie sights, I'd have them replaced quick. I can't figure out what Taurus was thinking when they bought a sight design from such a one-horse company.

·
Registered
382 Posts
EPWrangler said:
Save yourself a lot of headaches and replace them. I did with Fire Sights and it was a great move.
Were these simple enough a DIY'er like myself could do, or would it be better to head to the gunsmith. Don't want to damage them, ya know.

·
Super Moderator
21,900 Posts
I think if the dots were a little bigger you'ed see half the complaints, I added nightsiters to them and charge them with the little UV flashlight and it makes a big difference even during the day. I'm with the rest of you guys it really limits your options and that I don't like.

·
Super Moderator
21,900 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Williams Firesights --- part no 70897 for the dovetail sights
Tactical Store has free shipping
they are easy to install

·
Registered
11 Posts
jcan said:
Williams Firesights --- part no 70897 for the dovetail sights
Tactical Store has free shipping
they are easy to install
Big 10-4, I put the Williams on and it completely changed my performance with my PT745. I put them on myself and it now drives tacks. Love them!

·
Super Moderator
21,900 Posts
It should I put them on the PT 1911 and you just have to use the toothpick provided to push them in and hold them for a few minutes till the glue gets a good hold then use a hair dryer to set the glue. They brighten up an indoor range session or cloudy day out side. I'd buy the little LED flashlight as this brittens them faster.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the help. I will go ahead an order a set. One of the guys I work with did not like the sights and said it would be the first thing he replaced. After one box through the pipe I am very pleased with my PT140 and really did not have a problem with the sights. But I am interested to see if it improves my sight picture.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts