Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have the PT 24/7 Pro and lately I have been having troubles with it not firing all the rounds. the primer on the cartridge has been hit u can see an indent but I dont think it is hitting it hard enough to fire the rounds. im guessing I may have to change out firing pins because this one is possibly wearing down didnt kno if anyone had any suggestions thanks!

Administrator
Have you ever cleaned or flushed out the firing pin channel? The solution sometimes can be as simple as that. I'd give that a try first, if you haven't already.

Registered
Hmmm, out of 1,500+ rounds through mine, I've only had one "light" strike, pretty sure it was a bad round n not the pistol

Registered
Smokewagon said:
Have you ever cleaned or flushed out the firing pin channel? The solution sometimes can be as simple as that. I'd give that a try first, if you haven't already.
Yeah, A good scrubbing down got rid of my occasional light strike issue.

Registered
+1 on cleaning out the firing pin channel.
We had to send my wife's 24/7 PRO back to Taurus because of lights strikes a couple of years ago, they replaced the whole gun with a new one and we got a upgrade to the new DS version.
Good LUCK!

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
is it difficult to remove the firing pin on it ive only had it a week i bought it from a friend and in last few days it been doin this

Registered
Ditto on the through cleaning , and it could be the ammo and /or a hard primer or two, really depends on the ammo.
if it happens with more than one manufacture or even a certain box (lot number ) then its more than likely the gun.
as mentioned read the stickys in the 24/7 page.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts