Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Having feeding problems with your TCP 738? The fix is here....

Does your TCP 738 have feeding problems, Hang when you chamber the 1st round? Your not a loan I too had this problem and thought " oh no I bought one of the bad tcp's" well I searched the internet about my problem and found Taurusarmed.net and within your forum I found the fix. I read that by simply bending the mag feed lips outwards a little at a time could possibly fix the feed issues, Well I tried it and it worked 100% for me.
I can not find any video's on this easy and affective fix so I made one, I do not take credit off any kind for this fix just passing it on in a video. I like this forum and am just trying to contribute what I can. This may or may not work for your feeding issues but is worth a try. I have done no other mods to make it feed other then this. This is my 1st video of this kind so it is not the best quality.

·
Registered
30 Posts
not 100% the last shoot didn't feed....is this a systemic problem? does this gun have issues, that it will not work right out of the box? I like the way it feels in teh hand and its trigger..but I need reliable 100% of the time for my life

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not 100% the last shoot didn't feed....is this a systemic problem? does this gun have issues, that it will not work right out of the box? I like the way it feels in teh hand and its trigger..but I need reliable 100% of the time for my life
The last shot did feed but failed to eject, Mostly due to the lack of force I used to pull back the slide. Not all TCP's have this problem only a few out of the thousands made. I read this is a common problem with many small 380's but the fix is easy. After I did this mod I have not had a real problem in over 250 rounds. The TCP really is a great little gun for the $$$.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
For a first video, I'd say you did quite well. :cool:

·
Registered
12 Posts
My 709 is not feeding the last round. I just bought it 2 days ago. Somewhat disappointing.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Good video. I have a B model that has always been stubborn to feed the first round by hand. No ftf when shooting. I have 3 mags and I adjusted 1 per the video and it was a 100% improvement except for the last round. Just for fun I tried my other 2 mags and guess what? They don't like to load 1 round by hand. I may work on mage 3 a little more. I have had the extractor break on this gun which I replaced myself. They both worked the same, it seems that it is a tight fit under the extractor and I am reluctant to file/polish this part since the gun is pretty much flawless when fired.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts