Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
Yep seen em all for sale on gunbroker.I wouldn't mind one of the flag ones but I will wait them out and see if a deal comes along.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
I actually saw the flag one on a dealer's table today at the Summit Cty fairgrounds in Tallmadge, OH.

Maloy

·
Registered
37,067 Posts
yep!
personally I don't care for them--reminds me of the old Winchester centennial lever action rifles.
but to each their own.

Reactions: jtg452 and trouter2

·
Registered
693 Posts
Same as Olfarhors, not impressed at all, come to think of it I think they are ugly !! But to each their own, just my personal opinion and I respect yours, they are still ugly :D:D

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
If I pulled out all my 1911's, you'd see two in Stainless Steel, one being an old AMT Hardballer, and a Colt Delta Elite. The rest are from a dull grey to a nice nitrited black.

I admit, I'm not to fond of flashy looking pistols. My motto for years has been, "If it ain't scratched, it ain't mine". So a fancy finish is wasted on me.

Maloy

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Not for me. I don't think of a gun as jewelry - all sparkly and such. Give me black, OD green, FDE, or polished stainless (but that's not even my first choice). Just me.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
15,361 Posts
So the general consensus is though Taurus is trying to think outside of their own box by trying different finishes, we hate them anyways? I wouldn't mind having any one of the examples shown above. They're still Taurus 1911's. I'd also have no problems converting that Silver and Blue model to 38 super.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Hate is too harsh a word. I would not say I hate them but I would not buy one. If someone gave one to me or gifted one to me I certainly would appreciate it greatly and shoot it with great pleasure, but I would not proactively seek to personally buy one. Kudo's to Taurus for 'thinking outside of their own box' and I hope that they sell a zillion of them. But none of them will be to me.

·
Registered
37,067 Posts
So the general consensus is though Taurus is trying to think outside of their own box by trying different finishes, we hate them anyways? I wouldn't mind having any one of the examples shown above. They're still Taurus 1911's. I'd also have no problems converting that Silver and Blue model to 38 super.
well if they want to think outside the box as to finishes (FOR MY ATTENTION) then they could go back to the older shiner true blue and maybe do away with that soft somewhat black rough finish that they have been producing now for many years.
of course this would take more manhours, better tooling and cost a few more bucks.
of course better out the door quality control and parts, warranty availability would go a long way as well, I mean you can spray any color on a YUGO and underneath its still a YUGO and parts and warranty are hard to obtain.

·
Super Moderator
20,082 Posts
Agree with the gaudy comment. Are they offering any of them in their new Commander and Officer’s lines?

I really don’t mind the blue shaded one. I’m kinda funny about my guns; love Sig 1911s but would never go for one of their “We The People” model. That’s just me.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
883 Posts
All of the stars & such on those Sigs don't do much for me. But I do like that worn out look finish.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts