Taurus Firearm Forum banner
6361 - 6380 of 6408 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I have seen people post good deals they got in the Cabelas Gun Library, but I sure haven't seen any at our local store. Until today...

I stopped by Cabelas since I was in the neighborhood and wanted to check for some 32ACP ammo - no luck there. BUT, since I was in the store I decided to check the inventory in the Gun Library just to see if it was still pathetic as the last time I was there, when all they had were about a dozen plastic pieces in the handgun cases.

Today it was different, because there in the case was a Taurus 327 Federal Magnum. I've been looking for one of these for a few months now. They have been selling on GB for $700 and up!

I found one last week on Armslist for $550 (just the gun, nothing with it), but when I finally got around to calling about it this morning, the guy said it had literally been sold about 15 minutes before I called.

So when I saw one in the case there at Cabelas I was floored. It was priced at only $380, looked almost brand spanking new, came with the box, keys, docs and all, and I got to handle and inspect it closely in person before the purchase!

To top it off I had just over $60 in points, PLUS a $40 gift card. So tax and all I got it for $314 - though I will have to pay a $30 FFL fee since I bought it in Idaho and it has to go to a Washington FFL for the BGC & paperwork.

SO, I FINALLY found a good deal on a gun at Cabelas! Felt like I ought to go buy a lotto ticket!
A hearty congrats on that special find. I too would like to find such a firearm in that caliber but since they're out of production by most manufacturers, that's highly unlikely.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
A hearty congrats on that special find. I too would like to find such a firearm in that caliber but since they're out of production by most manufacturers, that's highly unlikely.
Yeah, I think Ruger is the only one who still makes them. They made a few more models than most, LCRs, Blackhawks, Single Sevens, and SP101s.
Looking at their website it looks like they still make all of these models.
I think Charter Arms still makes one model too.

·
Super Moderator
40,714 Posts
I have seen people post good deals they got in the Cabelas Gun Library, but I sure haven't seen any at our local store. Until today...

I stopped by Cabelas since I was in the neighborhood and wanted to check for some 32ACP ammo - no luck there. BUT, since I was in the store I decided to check the inventory in the Gun Library just to see if it was still pathetic as the last time I was there, when all they had were about a dozen plastic pieces in the handgun cases.

Today it was different, because there in the case was a Taurus 327 Federal Magnum. I've been looking for one of these for a few months now. They have been selling on GB for $700 and up!

I found one last week on Armslist for $550 (just the gun, nothing with it), but when I finally got around to calling about it this morning, the guy said it had literally been sold about 15 minutes before I called.

So when I saw one in the case there at Cabelas I was floored. It was priced at only $380, looked almost brand spanking new, came with the box, keys, docs and all, and I got to handle and inspect it closely in person before the purchase!

To top it off I had just over $60 in points, PLUS a $40 gift card. So tax and all I got it for $314 - though I will have to pay a $30 FFL fee since I bought it in Idaho and it has to go to a Washington FFL for the BGC & paperwork.

SO, I FINALLY found a good deal on a gun at Cabelas! Felt like I ought to go buy a lotto ticket!
Nice find. That Taurus .327 if a fun little gun. Love mine.

Reactions: PTDOUDE

·
Super Moderator
39,273 Posts
Just ordered a Galloway reduced power spring set for the Sarsilmaz B6 C since I liked the change in the CZ75 trigger so much. Where M*Carbo charges 12 bucks to mail out the envelope, Galloway ships free. I like that!

·
Super Moderator
39,273 Posts
Reactions: lfallonii

·
Premium Member
13,770 Posts
Now I just need to find some more ammo. I have a box of 32 S&W, a few boxes of 32 S&WL, and a box of 32ACP.
No 32 H&R magnum or 327 Federal magnum though.
I just missed another member selling some of all the above. DARN!
Those are two of the hardest to find handgun cartridges right now.

Reactions: hombre243

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
20 ga Carlson's Modified and Imp. Cylinder choke tubes. Both good for Hevi shot, lead and steel. One I got on Ebay is Modified/lead only. If the ad had said that I would not have got it. But, I doubt I will use steel anyway so no big...

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
There was a glitch in the matrix this morning. Palmetto had SBA3 braces and tubes for $30 off ($99 w/ free shipping) with a code. I tried it and they took $70 off the brace so it ended up being $63.17 shipped. I went back and they are back to $99. I'll take it!

Oh, and it already shipped.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,720 Posts
@BC605
Nose Hand Facial expression Cartoon Human body

Good for You!

My experience with Cabela's, has been 'everything in the Gun Library is overpriced.

6361 - 6380 of 6408 Posts