Taurus Firearm Forum banner
6341 - 6360 of 6408 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
My wife has one in 9mm. I was amazed at how accurate and reliable it is. The only thing i really don't like about it is the proprietary mags. If it took Glock mags it would be amazing. Ugliness notwithstanding.

·
Premium Member
13,770 Posts
View attachment 484514
View attachment 484513
Here is the new sight mounted on .y Hi-Point carbine. It co-witnessed perfectly with the irons and the dot is crisp and the glass clear. It feels well made for the $30 price tag.
Hopefully I'll get to the range soon....maybe tomorrow if I feel up to braving the forecast high of 27° here in PA.
Enjoy it, but don't plan on going Tuesday!

Reactions: CaptainMorgan

·
Premium Member
13,770 Posts
A Taurus 856 Ultra Lite. I've been wanting a concealed hammer lightweight 6 shot .38 and finally found this one for sale.

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
I forgot to post this, but it hasn't changed much in 3 days.
Firefield Reflex sight from Academmy Sports. I got 2, one for a 410 single shot and one for the Savage 301 singleshot in 20 ga. Come to think of it, I may not have posted the Savage 301. I ordered it just a few days ago also.

Water Wood Rectangle Font Event

Camera accessory Automotive lighting Font Cameras & optics Rectangle

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
I got the Hogue grip for my M&P Shield 45 yesterday, and put it on today. It was very difficult to put on. I had to boil it, stretch it, boil it again, and burn my hands doing it.
But, I finally got it on, and now the Shield feels as good in my hand as my G3c! No more skinny grip!
When I had my 45LC Blackhawk, and now with my 692, 357/9mm Taurus, I put a Hogue grip on them as soon as I could order them online. Best feeling grips i have owned yet. Years ago I ordered a set of Cloyces custom made Coco Bolo grips. I was only 21 and still wasnt full grown, which as it turned out, I was lucky. Those grips were measured for on paper tracings of my gun hand. I think my hands would have grown into those massive grips if I hadnt sold the Ruger Super Single Six to my friend in MO. His hands fit perfectly. No such problem with the Hogues. Perfect fit both times and easier than I thought installation.

·
Super Moderator
39,273 Posts
I got the Hogue grip for my M&P Shield 45 yesterday, and put it on today. It was very difficult to put on. I had to boil it, stretch it, boil it again, and burn my hands doing it.
But, I finally got it on, and now the Shield feels as good in my hand as my G3c! No more skinny grip!
It's been so long since I put the Hogue Beavertail grip on my Shield 45 that I don't recall how I did it, only that it was a huge challenge. I may have used hairspray or alcohol. Many people would put the alcohol in themselves after wrestling the damn thing.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeah, if I didn't boil it, I probably would have ripped it when I stretched it. It fits the 45 very tightly, but it's on to stay!
I used a bit of window cleaner, sprayed on the Shield stippling so that the Hogue grip would slide better.

·
Super Moderator
39,273 Posts
Yeah, if I didn't boil it, I probably would have ripped it when I stretched it. It fits the 45 very tightly, but it's on to stay!
I used a bit of window cleaner, sprayed on the Shield stippling so that the Hogue grip would slide better.
I need one for my G3C

Reactions: Dirt Road Cowboy

·
Registered
39 Posts
I like the size of my G3c, but I hate the "cheese grater" stippling, so I smoothed mine down with a file until it felt comfortable to me. The Hogue grip would have been too thick for me.

·
Super Moderator
39,273 Posts
While performing surgery on my CZ 75 Compact I reinstalled the magazine brake spring to find that the magazine doesn't drop free. Now I never took note of this before as I've not used it in competition, but the gun is designed to help keep shooters from losing magazines. I just ordered a stainless replacement one from CZ Custom that will permit a free drop of the mag and since they get 12.50 for shipping anyway I ordered a SS guide rod to replace the OEM plastic one.

·
Registered
37,343 Posts
While performing surgery on my CZ 75 Compact I reinstalled the magazine brake spring to find that the magazine doesn't drop free. Now I never took note of this before as I've not used it in competition, but the gun is designed to help keep shooters from losing magazines. I just ordered a stainless replacement one from CZ Custom that will permit a free drop of the mag and since they get 12.50 for shipping anyway I ordered a SS guide rod to replace the OEM plastic one.

yep!
all that damned snow!
don't want to drop a warm mag in a snow bank and try to find it while dodging bullets!

Reactions: BigBlue and Biomass

·
Registered
535 Posts
Got a package today from Amazon. It contained some extra Galco metal clips for one of my Kingtuk holsters, a couple Nite-Ize lights for my dog (UZI) and an Artisan Cutlery Sea Snake, a really sweet little warncliffe fixed blade knife. I attached one of the Galco clips to the sheath for edc.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
I have seen people post good deals they got in the Cabelas Gun Library, but I sure haven't seen any at our local store. Until today...

I stopped by Cabelas since I was in the neighborhood and wanted to check for some 32ACP ammo - no luck there. BUT, since I was in the store I decided to check the inventory in the Gun Library just to see if it was still pathetic as the last time I was there, when all they had were about a dozen plastic pieces in the handgun cases.

Today it was different, because there in the case was a Taurus 327 Federal Magnum. I've been looking for one of these for a few months now. They have been selling on GB for $700 and up!

I found one last week on Armslist for $550 (just the gun, nothing with it), but when I finally got around to calling about it this morning, the guy said it had literally been sold about 15 minutes before I called.

So when I saw one in the case there at Cabelas I was floored. It was priced at only $380, looked almost brand spanking new, came with the box, keys, docs and all, and I got to handle and inspect it closely in person before the purchase!

To top it off I had just over $60 in points, PLUS a $40 gift card. So tax and all I got it for $314 - though I will have to pay a $30 FFL fee since I bought it in Idaho and it has to go to a Washington FFL for the BGC & paperwork.

SO, I FINALLY found a good deal on a gun at Cabelas! Felt like I ought to go buy a lotto ticket!

6341 - 6360 of 6408 Posts