Taurus Firearm Forum banner
6161 - 6180 of 6234 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
All I'm interested in finding out is if the bullet makes it to the end of the barrel. 🙂
I have a .22LR adapter made by Short Lane that works well, but the company who makes this one Shooter's Box is different manufacturer so I also hope the same thing. 😄

• Haha
Reactions: PTDOUDE

·
Administrator
40,839 Posts
Went to a farm and ranch store this morning for some kerosene for a heater. Went by the ammo shelves and there was quite a bit. I didn't need anything, but picked up two twenty round boxes of steel cased Tula for my AR. Looks like I may be getting back to my old ways of keeping myself stocked.

·
Premium Member
13,710 Posts
A Remington 700 CDL Boone and Crockett limited edition in .270 with a 24" fluted barrel and jeweled bolt. I don't know how old these are, but the previous owner collected them and never shot it.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
A Remington 700 CDL Boone and Crockett limited edition in .270 with a 24" fluted barrel and jeweled bolt. I don't know how old these are, but the previous owner collected them and never shot it...........
That is one beautiful rifle.

·
Premium Member
13,710 Posts
That is one beautiful rifle.
Thanks, it was one of two .270s that interested me. The other was a Ruger Model 77. The bluing looked great on that rifle, but someone had removed the original stock and replaced it with a synthetic that didn't look all that great. I imagine he did it to free float the barrel to get better accuracy.

·
Registered
32,347 Posts
I've often referred to my gun and ammo collection as being like a bag of golf clubs, each gun/club and caliber being for a specific use. My bag is already full and too heavy for a 300 pound caddy to carry. I don't anticipate buying anything else, however, just like clubs, a new and better driver or putter comes out every day!

·
Super Moderator
38,628 Posts
Reactions: ManxTom

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
They include a nifty sticker also!
Oooh do they indeed.. nice. I love patches, decals, stickers and stuff. Have 'em all over my range bag, just to wind up folk who (club members) who seem to deny any involvement in shooting..!! As for me.. well it's legal, it's a recognised sport and it has an equality within it not found in too many other sports. "You don't like shooting and guns..?" Tough, suck it up snowflake..:)(y)

·
Registered
37,206 Posts
I've often referred to my gun and ammo collection as being like a bag of golf clubs, each gun/club and caliber being for a specific use. My bag is already full and too heavy for a 300 pound caddy to carry. I don't anticipate buying anything else, however, just like clubs, a new and better driver or putter comes out every day!

yea BUT --the BIG difference is that you are regulated to a certain number of Golf Clubs in a bag!
thats a real bummer if you ask me!

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Ammo. Finding and buying ammo.

Not finding any of my old pre-covid favorite ammo, but I'm finding it. I still have trouble finding the .38 Special that my wife and daughter prefer to shoot. Found some a couple of weeks ago, none since then.

Reactions: 45 Forever

·
Premium Member
13,710 Posts

Remington 700 CDL in .30-06

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Well, I picked up a Mossberg SA20 Tactical with sight rail, ghost ring, fiber optic front, and it has a Carlson magazine extension. I paid a bit much, but it still is about $100 less than a new one which makes the magazine extension a plus. I got the box and I can't see where it has been shot as it is too clean.

I also picked up some odd 12ga slugs from Sterling, Fetter, and Luxor. It will be interesting testing them out. The Fetter made in Russia look like a Brenneke. The Luxor made it Turkey were in Sterling hulls. So I suspect them to be Sterling and they look like a simple cylinder with outside rifling. They remind you of a wad cutter. The Sterling Tornado are considered to be a competition slug. Most say they are around 1300fps which is usually prime accuracy for slug going out a smooth bore.

Maloy

·
Premium Member
13,710 Posts
Three boxes of Hornady 143gr. ELD-X ammo for the 6.5 Creedmoor. Hornady is doing it right with their ELD-X Precision Hunter line of ammo.

Reactions: Biomass
6161 - 6180 of 6234 Posts