Taurus Firearm Forum banner
6101 - 6120 of 6233 Posts

·
Super Moderator
38,597 Posts
I bought a new SAR B6C, 2 extra mags, and 200 rounds of 124gr Speer Gold Dot ammo.

I've had an EAA/SAR B6P for years, and had been toying with the idea of the B6C until every 9mm on the planet disappeared at the beginning of Covid. Sportsman's Warehouse had it for $300, and I had a lot of gift cards from buying a S&W Performance Center 637 from them a few months back, so I ended up getting it for $224 out the door. I ordered it online, so it will be in shop for me to pick up in a week or so.

I went ahead and bought 2 extra mags for it. I don't really have much use for it. Might figure out a way to carry it in the car full time. I just liked it due to the price and having the B6P. The parts between the two are pretty much interchangeable, if not a little funny looking.
Pretty sure you'll love that gun for carry.

Reactions: 357Funtime

·
Administrator
40,834 Posts
I bought four boxes of Federal 40 S&W 165gr. ammo at a Academy store in Lubbock this morning. Rather than copper jacketing, these have a coating on the projectile. The bullets are red and make the cartridge look like little tubes of lipstick.
A lot of ammo on the shelves today, most I’ve seen in some time. I would have bought more, but four boxes was the limit.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Not exactly gun related, but I just ordered a Rothco Ramster Survival Knife online. It's basically a cheap yet decent quality Taiwanese clone of the iconic Buckmaster 184 Navy Seals Knife. I've wanted one of those for awhile now, but they're out of production and command a significant premium for a used example, so this is as close as I can get.

·
Super Moderator
38,597 Posts
Just found a spare magazine for the Sar G6C 13 round from Magshack and it was a fair price and no gouging on the shipping/handling.
Usps did yeoman duty...vendor shipped three days ago and it got to my mailbox today from Tallahassee .

·
Premium Member
13,710 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: RogueTS1

·
Registered
37,206 Posts
I bought four boxes of Federal 40 S&W 165gr. ammo at a Academy store in Lubbock this morning. Rather than copper jacketing, these have a coating on the projectile. The bullets are red and make the cartridge look like little tubes of lipstick.
A lot of ammo on the shelves today, most I’ve seen in some time. I would have bought more, but four boxes was the limit.
U R late to de party my friend!
I especially like to load the 10 MM wiff the pink boollletts!

Audio equipment Musical instrument accessory Electronic instrument Musical instrument Metal
Food Wood Font Cuisine Rectangle

·
Administrator
40,834 Posts
Well, I've gotten black and copper toned coated bullets for reloading, but these were the first factory I'd seen in that color. Guys I sometimes shoot with down in the canyon better not say anything.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
37,206 Posts
You guys are beginning to worry me and my limited association here !
well I have an excuse--I pulled way to much Plaster Ceilings without wearing a helmet!

Smile Military uniform Workwear Window Squad

·
Registered
549 Posts
well I have an excuse--I pulled way to much Plaster Ceilings without wearing a helmet!

View attachment 482262

Over the years of working big city law enforcement, I've met a lot of firefighters. In the early days (late '70s and '80s) there was a common bond particularly regarding EMS, which is associated with the fire department where I worked. These days the bond is not that strong.

I feel we were from the old school. Glad you made it out in one piece.

Hang any sheetrock lately...LOL...

·
Premium Member
13,710 Posts
I ordered a mud colored Steyr Scout in .308. I have a Leupold 1.5-4x28 scout scope waiting for it.

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
I've been finding .38 ammo on the shelves the last couple of weeks.

·
Registered
567 Posts

Bought 10 boxes with free shipping today.
Tried to purchase but no shipping to Illinois. Been seeing that at a few sites lately.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Since when is Illinois on the "no ship" list for firearm related articles? Thought that honor was only bestowed on NY, 'Tax'achusetts & CA.
Also, Is $0.11/round for .22 rimfire cartridges considered a bargain these days?

Reactions: Konyo312

·
Super Moderator
38,597 Posts
Tried to purchase but no shipping to Illinois. Been seeing that at a few sites lately.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I've seen county restrictions here, never blanket regulation. Cook for certain and a surprise that I saw last year was gun restriction to Kane county which is more rural than most of the 'collar" counties.

6101 - 6120 of 6233 Posts