Taurus Firearm Forum banner
6081 - 6100 of 6104 Posts

·
Super Moderator
38,230 Posts
Got it today and it is great! Fits the double stack mags for the Sar B6C, CZ75 Compact and the PT 111 G2/G3C. Just checked and he sold out, small wonder at the price point.
Replying to my own post...I happened to check and this guy has a couple of more mag holders for the double stack G3C, G2C magazines at 20 buck delivered....leather open top adjustable tension.

It appears that Amazon also has them at 17.00

·
Administrator
35,728 Posts
BIG score today. I went to the Fort Worth gun show and found a guy selling Shield Plus magazines. I bought two spare 13 rounders and I'm quite happy.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yea i have one on my 870 just wasn't sure if they made one for the 88. It came up in discussion and i was on here and not on youtube. Lol

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
My adventure today...

1) Picked up the Mossberg 88 Security model today, I forgot to correct the picture, it's the FDE model, cleaned it a bit and put it away as it's my main Christmas present.. it was difficult but it's put away and all secured now. I know why people love this brand of shotgun.. feels really solid, quality build:
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

2) At Academy Sports, I looked to see what ammo was around.. really out of a lot! There was a bit of NomaUSA (I think the spelling is correct on that) .22LR for 9.99 per 50 rnd box. People don't like it but my rifles could of shot that... may go back later on.... I instead picked up a box of Remington Single 0 buckshot, 12 pellets. They had very few and that was the only shotgun loads they had. I do have a few loads of different types in storage:
Font Cylinder Rectangle Temperature Tints and shades

3) With everything secured up, found these.. not as good as from the keg but they'll do:
Bottle Glass bottle Drink Alcoholic beverage Liquid

·
Registered
9,019 Posts
I've got a nephew who is a plumber, had him install two sink faucet's.
Now he won't bill me. The lad slipped up, told me he was looking for 223 ammo.
Academy 160 rds of Winchester 223, they had a 4 box limit.
My wife purchased 4 and i purchased 4.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Received today via USPS. Four days for Taurus, not too bad!
Swapped out the factory sight for the TandemKross Optic sight.

I was surprised to see that the factory sight had a slotted screw but the replacement sight had a hex screw. Good to know for future reference.

Installing the short hex screw with washer for the new sight was a little tricky especially after I had dipped it in a little blue Loctite. Small pair of tweezers helped. All in all a definite improvement for my senior eyes and worth the $28 delivered.

While I had the pistol disassembled I took a few minutes to polish the feed ramp.

·
Super Moderator
38,230 Posts
Just found a spare magazine for the Sar G6C 13 round from Magshack and it was a fair price and no gouging on the shipping/handling.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
My adventure today...

1) Picked up the Mossberg 88 Security model today, I forgot to correct the picture, it's the FDE model, cleaned it a bit and put it away as it's my main Christmas present.. it was difficult but it's put away and all secured now. I know why people love this brand of shotgun.. feels really solid, quality build:
View attachment 482071

2) At Academy Sports, I looked to see what ammo was around.. really out of a lot! There was a bit of NomaUSA (I think the spelling is correct on that) .22LR for 9.99 per 50 rnd box. People don't like it but my rifles could of shot that... may go back later on.... I instead picked up a box of Remington Single 0 buckshot, 12 pellets. They had very few and that was the only shotgun loads they had. I do have a few loads of different types in storage:
View attachment 482072
3) With everything secured up, found these.. not as good as from the keg but they'll do:
View attachment 482073
The Maverick 88 may be the best deal out there. Great gun that manages to come.in at Turkish gun prices while actually being good to go:

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Made in Eagle Pass, dummy (the guy in the video). Camo shotgun is ugly. Blued looks better.

Reactions: Biomass

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
The Maverick 88 may be the best deal out there. Great gun that manages to come.in at Turkish gun prices while actually being good to go:
I do have a Turkish shot gun, single break barrel that I got for... I want to say $120'sh maybe less than that a few years back, kicks like a mule but it's a great gun and the company CEO sent me a spare firing pin for it if I ever have the need to replace that (I had to send a bi-lingual email message in turkish and english to make that happen). BUT the Mossberg 88 there is TONS of great video reviews out there. I like this guy, as he has a good security background and his reviews are honest and on-point with no B.S.... down to earth as well. This is his four year update review:

·
Premium Member
13,657 Posts
Nosler Partition bullets, 100 each in .243 and 7mm.

Reactions: PTDOUDE and Biomass

·
Premium Member
13,657 Posts
I put a deposit on a used Remington Model Seven in 7mm-08. It's S.S. with a black synthetic stock and comes with a matching silver Leupold scope. I have to go back to my LGS in the morning to pick the rifle up. Picture to follow.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I bought a new SAR B6C, 2 extra mags, and 200 rounds of 124gr Speer Gold Dot ammo.

I've had an EAA/SAR B6P for years, and had been toying with the idea of the B6C until every 9mm on the planet disappeared at the beginning of Covid. Sportsman's Warehouse had it for $300, and I had a lot of gift cards from buying a S&W Performance Center 637 from them a few months back, so I ended up getting it for $224 out the door. I ordered it online, so it will be in shop for me to pick up in a week or so.

I went ahead and bought 2 extra mags for it. I don't really have much use for it. Might figure out a way to carry it in the car full time. I just liked it due to the price and having the B6P. The parts between the two are pretty much interchangeable, if not a little funny looking.

6081 - 6100 of 6104 Posts