Taurus Firearm Forum banner
6061 - 6080 of 6104 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,657 Posts
I ordered 10 boxes of 7.62x51 M80 ammo, 5 boxes of HSM 150gr. Gameking ammo in .308 and 2 boxes of Federal Premium 168gr. Matchking ammo in .308.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory
HERE IT IS! I hope the picture resizes.. I've wanted one of these Mossberg Mavrick Model 88's (the security model) for 6 to 7 years.. and I've always missed out on the holiday sales. Especially now even where I live.. these have been selling out fast. I got this one for around $210.00 new, a bit higher I think than usual. So this is my early Christmas present... I am SO HAPPY to snag this one! Update: The picture that I used is a bit off, as I did not buy the 18 1/2 barrel version, I bought the 20 inch security model 7+1.

·
Super Moderator
38,234 Posts
View attachment 481993 HERE IT IS! I hope the picture resizes.. I've wanted one of these Mossberg Mavrick Model 88's (the security model) for 6 to 7 years.. and I've always missed out on the holiday sales. Especially now even where I live.. these have been selling out fast. I got this one for around $210.00 new, a bit higher I think than usual. So this is my early Christmas present... I am SO HAPPY to snag this one!
Congrats on the new shotgun, looks like mine.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Congrats on the new shotgun, looks like mine.
Thanks... I still need to get a recoil pad and one of those stock shell holders... I may get a barrel heat shield as well.. but we'll get there. :)

Reactions: Biomass

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
View attachment 481993 HERE IT IS! I hope the picture resizes.. I've wanted one of these Mossberg Mavrick Model 88's (the security model) for 6 to 7 years.. and I've always missed out on the holiday sales. Especially now even where I live.. these have been selling out fast. I got this one for around $210.00 new, a bit higher I think than usual. So this is my early Christmas present... I am SO HAPPY to snag this one!
My first 12 gauge as a kid. barrel 24ish inches and shorter camo stock for my short arms. Turned my shoulder blue every time I shot it until I was about 17 or 18. Miss that old gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
38,234 Posts
Thanks... I still need to get a recoil pad and one of those stock shell holders... I may get a barrel heat shield as well.. but we'll get there. :)
I did the recoil pad and heat shield on mine, tried a shell holder but it seemed pretty awkward and opted for a bandolier sling instead. The recoil pad on the OEM stock made the LOP uncomfortable so I bought a Hogue overmolded replacement which is shorter, then the recoil pad wasn't a fit so I had to get a different one of those.

Reactions: HappyTom

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Very smart purchase. Great inexpensive shotgun & easy to shoot too. Really don't need a recoil pad for it unless you're shooting slugs but to each his own. Great home defense gun too.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Very smart purchase. Great inexpensive shotgun & easy to shoot too. Really don't need a recoil pad for it unless you're shooting slugs but to each his own. Great home defense gun too.
Thanks, I am really happy still as I've always one of these. In my local area all indoor ranges except for one, is slugs only. There is only that one other place that only allows 00 buckshot for shotguns. I do have some low recoil slugs and some regular 00 buckshot, but I probably will get the recoil pad as I know I'll find some more slugs at 1600 fps as well as 3 inch mag shells for buckshot, those pack a punch! I've read really awesome things about this shotgun.. I may also end up buying the full long barrel for it, switching out barrels on this one is really easy.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I did the recoil pad and heat shield on mine, tried a shell holder but it seemed pretty awkward and opted for a bandolier sling instead. The recoil pad on the OEM stock made the LOP uncomfortable so I bought a Hogue overmolded replacement which is shorter, then the recoil pad wasn't a fit so I had to get a different one of those.
Do they make a side saddle for the 88?

·
Super Moderator
38,234 Posts
Do they make a side saddle for the 88?
I was researching picatinny rails and found one that included a side saddle on the receiver . I bought an elastic shell holder for the stock and didn't like the feel.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Some extra mags for a TX22 that has been ordered and a Ameriglo front sight for a 942 I don't even have yet (thinking positive).

·
Super Moderator
38,234 Posts
Just purchased one. Price is great. If it does not fit sure I have something that will.
Got it today and it is great! Fits the double stack mags for the Sar B6C, CZ75 Compact and the PT 111 G2/G3C. Just checked and he sold out, small wonder at the price point.

·
Super Moderator
21,934 Posts
I have a 6 shell side saddle on my Mossberg and truthfully the shells are vary hard to remove. I would go with a bandolier shoulder strap for home defense.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
38,234 Posts
here's the type I was thinking of...https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B09396YPV9/ref=sspa_mw_detail_0?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A33XZ3TIGG3IFNp13NParams

·
Super Moderator
21,934 Posts
Hey my Mossberg is tricked out, it's kinda like getting carried away with an AR....It has a Firesight front sight, a shock reduction AR type stock, 6 shot side saddle. A scabbard that has 2-20 round drop shell holders. Single point sling.

This thing has morphed for 20 years!
This is my end of the world grab and go Mad Max holy crap gun! Hey I was bored and that's what happens when
Ya have a few extra bucks! And nothing better to do!

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

6061 - 6080 of 6104 Posts