Taurus Firearm Forum banner
5961 - 5980 of 6113 Posts

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,452 Posts
......... you can also mine berms that are used as backstops for rifle and pistol ranges. In that case, you are seen as remediating and removing lead toxins from the soil as a sound ecological process.
At our range you can mine the berm, as long as we cannot tell that you did it. In other words, Leave NO holes and PACK the soil where you work.
It should not look like a dog looking for a place to bury a bone OR a prairie dog town.
🐶🦴

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,452 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Did Glock throw in the hammer & chain free of charge or were they extra? 😁

• Haha
Reactions: BigBlue and MoMan

·
Super Moderator
21,939 Posts
I got the Sig scope I ordered from one of Venders Camara Land. I ordered it on a Saturday and got it on a Wednesday. It's a 3x12 44mm it has a BDC reticle. And a throw lever on the magnification. I'd highly recommend them. Their CS is top notch!

I'll have to wait till the weather clears before I can sight it in. Here's a few pictures.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Been getting above average exposure to Sig scopes on TaurusArmed lately. Seems they're a new kid on the block where riflescopes are concerned. Are they a cut above the regular brands like Leupold, Vortex & such or are they pretty much in the same league?

·
Registered
15,418 Posts
Not purchased per se but my Lee 2 cavity boowit mold for 405gr 45-70 boowits showed up in the mail.

·
Administrator
35,731 Posts
I finally got off the schnide and bought a Wilson 1911 thumb safety, single side only. I'll either have a smith do the honors, or try to muddle my way through it myself. I'm excited that I'll be able to use my Galco FLETCH holster after I get this done. The ambi safety works it's way off when I use this holster, and too often I will check the safety and have to flip it back on. This should fix the issue.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I finally got off the schnide and bought a Wilson 1911 thumb safety, single side only. I'll either have a smith do the honors, or try to muddle my way through it myself. I'm excited that I'll be able to use my Galco FLETCH holster after I get this done. The ambi safety works it's way off when I use this holster, and too often I will check the safety and have to flip it back on. This should fix the issue.
I have a 1911 I carry that I had to also change to a single-side safety. The issue for me was some hard-backed chairs in restaurants would flip the safety off. I didn't see the need for an ambi- anyway.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Just purchased a Vortex Venom red dot (3 MOA) for my S&W M&P M2.0 Compact. Palmetto State Armory had them "on sale" for $250. Everyone sells them for $250 so that was no big deal but they currently have a $70 manufacturer's discount which is a big deal (at least to me lol). I couldn't turn down that price as my 64-year-old eyes have been giving me fits with irons at the range. Lately I have been having to choose between seeing the front sight or seeing the target. I can't seem to do both no matter what I do with glasses. I have a Burris Fast Fire III on my AR so I'm familiar with red dots.

It's supposed to be here today. I dunno how I'm going to explain this to my wife. 😬

·
Registered
37,134 Posts
I have a 1911 I carry that I had to also change to a single-side safety. The issue for me was some hard-backed chairs in restaurants would flip the safety off. I didn't see the need for an ambi- anyway.
XACTLY!!
ifn John had intended left handed people own/carry a 1911 HE would have put an ambi safety on them from the start!

Reactions: PTDOUDE

·
Super Moderator
38,267 Posts
XACTLY!!
ifn John had intended left handed people own/carry a 1911 HE would have put an ambi safety on them from the start!
Yup, the word "sinister" comes from the Latin root...on the left side.

·
Administrator
35,731 Posts
Got my Wilson combat single-sided safety in for my PT1911, decided to take it to Gunmaster in Plano to have them install it. only took about 20 minutes, he did a great job and now I shouldn't have that issue with the safety disengaging when I have it in my Galco FLETCH holster. It won't dig into my side when I use my other 1911 rig either.

I also bought a Wilson 10 round mag for the PT1911. Once properly broken in, I'll use this mag for home defense. It was a big day for the PT1911 !

·
Super Moderator
21,939 Posts
New Vaultek safe for new Kimber.
I use similar safes for several of my guns. They can be secured with a cable that will stop a smash and grab.

One for my carry gun when it goes to bed, another for my nightstand gun. That is next to my bed. They open with a touch if you bought the better kind.

I also keep one under the driver's seat for times I'm going into certain unfriendly states.

If you have kids I highly recommend this type of safe. You will not find yourself on the nightly news with a disaster on your hands.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I use similar safes for several of my guns. They can be secured with a cable that will stop a smash and grab.

One for my carry gun when it goes to bed, another for my nightstand gun. That is next to my bed. They open with a touch if you bought the better kind.

I also keep one under the driver's seat for times I'm going into certain unfriendly states.

If you have kids I highly recommend this type of safe. You will not find yourself on the nightly news with a disaster on your hands.

LoL..Have and do the same exact thing. Have a V-20 for night stand.

5961 - 5980 of 6113 Posts