Taurus Firearm Forum banner

5701 - 5720 of 5780 Posts

·
Registered
Taurus G3
36 Posts
Purchased 250 rounds of GECO 9mm 115 gr. Best prices I've seen since I purchased my G3, but still high from what I've heard.
Also just received my Kansas CCW approval and will be going tomorrow to get licensed, if that counts!

Recent news makes me so glad I took the plunge to buying my first firearm. Happy shooting, all!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Griffin Armament taper mount 3-prong flash hider and thread protector to replace the Strike Industries Venom I had on my favorite AR. About to place an order for a can to stick on it.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
Found some 9mm for sorta reasonable (still higher than I wanted) price.

Reactions: BigBlue

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Surplus Hungarian lower handguard and a Magpul plum pistol grip for the AK:

Not sure if I prefer it to the wood yet, but I love the wear/patina on the 'new' handguard. We'll see after the next range trip.

·
Super Moderator
37,265 Posts
I'm not a big fan of the AK platform, but I do like the setup on yours.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I'm not a big fan of the AK platform, but I do like the setup on yours.
Thanks! Turns out that the handguard shifted POI by about three inches up and to the left at 50 yards. Fortunately it doesn't get too hot even after some sustained fire and the more I look at it and handle it, the more I kinda dig the Mad Max aesthetic it adds.

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Premium Member
13,417 Posts
A while back I ordered a S&W M&P Performance Center Shield EZ M2.0 in .380 from Kentucky Gun Co. and for some reason the order fell through and I never received it. I found another today at Bud's and placed an order on it.

·
Premium Member
13,417 Posts
Found some 9mm for sorta reasonable (still higher than I wanted) price.
We're all sitting in that boat. I have a really good supply on hand, but as I use it up I like to replace it so I never run low. The ammo is out there and more plentiful than it had been, but the prices are still outrageous. Especially good quality defensive ammo.

Reactions: MisterNoisy

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Bought my wife the standard Sheild EZ .380, and even i enjoyed shooting it. The only thing I feel should be changed is the grip safety should be pinned at the top instead of the bottom of the grip safety, that way you apply the meat of your palm instead of the web between the thumb and trigger finger. But maybe that's just my 1911 bias rearing it's ugly head.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
20,013 Posts
A while back I ordered a S&W M&P Performance Center Shield EZ M2.0 in .380 from Kentucky Gun Co. and for some reason the order fell through and I never received it. I found another today at Bud's and placed an order on it.

So, a grip safety and a thumb safety. If that grip safety were mounted on the front strap of the grip, it would resemble an old fashioned H&K M7 gripcocked pistol.

Anyone have any idea why gun companies are beginning to restart the fad for grip safeties? I own a Springfield XDM in 10mm and, like many Springfield models in the xd lineup, they have a short grip safety up near the "beavertail" part of the grip.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I cancelled my two "pre-orders" for ammo from Opticsplanet that have been pending since October 2020. Pretty sure they were never going to send me my ammo order at $15.99 per box. Placed an order for 200 rounds of 115 grain 9mm from Freedom Munitions.

·
Administrator
40,280 Posts
Got a couple of 20 round boxes of 5.56 ammo, and a new hand guard for my AR with four rails for all that junk you can put on one. My thinking though is a bipod. Local Academy store.
Fell in love with a Rock Island 1911 at a farm store today also. Thinking about going back in the morning for it if it’s still there.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Got a couple of 20 round boxes of 5.56 ammo, and a new hand guard for my AR with four rails for all that junk you can put on one. My thinking though is a bipod. Local Academy store.
Fell in love with a Rock Island 1911 at a farm store today also. Thinking about going back in the morning for it if it’s still there.
Bought a bi-tone Rocky 5" several years ago when the Rock Island logo first began to be placed on the slide adjacent the hammer and behind the serrations. Had numerous (15%) failure to feeds after the 500 round break period. Also, the slide locked back and jammed, and it took me a bit to remember someone else I know who had the same problem...the firing pin stop dropped out-of-place. New to Rock Island, I dug around on the internet and found an e-mail address for one of the gunsmiths there. He answered within a couple of hours with a return authorization number and a two day shipping return label.

I never pressure anyone working on something I own...cars, hot water heater, guns...I want it done right even if it takes longer to complete the work. While the pistol was in the shop, I decided I wanted night sights installed. The gunsmith called and said he was getting ready to ship my pistol when he saw my email. Said it would be delayed a few days for the sights because the rear dovetail had to be milled to accept the Kensight rear sight they use. I received the gun back in two days as he went ahead and did the work right after I spoke to him.

All this to say, I think their customer service is excellent. They replaced the recoil spring, polished the ramp, replaced the firing pin spring, and refitted a new firing pin stop, and the pistol has NEVER had a problem since. I paid for the night sights and installation.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I got a VersaCarry OWB holster for my Makarov and a spare mag on line the other day and ordered a FAB desert tan grip with a top of the grip magazine release and extended beavertail. The new grips will be here around mid June.

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
694 Posts
I got a VersaCarry OWB holster for my Makarov and a spare mag on line the other day and ordered a FAB desert tan grip with a top of the grip magazine release and extended beavertail. The new grips will be here around mid June.

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk
Please let us know how you like the VersaCarry. I get ads for them all the time.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I ordered some brass punches and a Lyman hammer online. These are some basic gunsmithing tools that I've been putting off buying for far too long.

Reactions: Old_Sp5 and BigBlue

·
Super Moderator
37,265 Posts
I ordered some brass punches and a Lyman hammer online. These are some basic gunsmithing tools that I've been putting off buying for far too long.
Yep, I need brass punches also.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
A ridiculous Osprey LBV setup from Varustsleka. I got a vest that clearly belonged to some rear echelon guy that never used it with 13 MOLLE pouches to stick on it for $42. Crazy good deal if you're looking that sort of thing.

5701 - 5720 of 5780 Posts