Taurus Firearm Forum banner

5601 - 5620 of 5630 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,200 Posts
200 rounds of 69gr. 224 HPBT for reloading. 40 rounds of Monarch 308 Winc from Academy and another 40 rounds GECO 168 gr match 308 from AmmoShop.com

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
So I went slumming through a LGS's bargain bin. Mostly junk, but a few treasures can be found too.

Picked up 300+ rounds of reloaded 357 magnum. I don't plan on shooting it, but for $28. it is worth the effort to take the stuff apart... 300+ magnum primers, cases and jacketed bullets.
A set of 303 Savage dies a friend has been looking for. $30.
A nice wood checkering tool. $10.
I call it a pretty good day of slumming.

·
Registered
29 Posts
So I went slumming through a LGS's bargain bin. Mostly junk, but a few treasures can be found too.

Picked up 300+ rounds of reloaded 357 magnum. I don't plan on shooting it, but for $28. it is worth the effort to take the stuff apart... 300+ magnum primers, cases and jacketed bullets.
A set of 303 Savage dies a friend has been looking for. $30.
A nice wood checkering tool. $10.
I call it a pretty good day of slumming.
Man, I can't find .357 anywhere.
Nice score?

·
Premium Member
13,315 Posts
I ordered a S&W Performance Center M&P Shield Plus in 9mm. PC tuned action, fiber optic sights, 13+1 capacity and ported barrel.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Uberti 1873 Cattleman in 45 Colt. The unusual thing about this one however, is the way the cylinder base pin is retained. This one has a thumb screw rather than the spring loaded retainer pin I'm used to. Apparently that is how the early Colts were designed originally.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,191 Posts
Ordered a pistol grip and AR pistol brace kit to throw on my Shockwave, now just waiting for delivery confirmation.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
658 Posts
Broke down and ordered 150 rounds of 124 grain 9mm at $.66 per round and 100 rounds of 55 grain 5.56 at $.82 per round.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I just ordered a brand new H&K USP45 Elite online, which only cost me a mere $1150 once was all said and done. That may not sound like too great a deal, but to give you an idea here, folks are currently attempting to sell base model USPs for $1300 in used condition, and new models are being sold for $1500.
The Elite Model that I just purchased is the highest quality model available, (USP > Tactical > Expert > Elite) and at pre-pandemic prices was going for about $1499.99, if you could even find one since they're imported in limited quantities. So I'm extremely satisfied.

I've wanted one of these babies for the longest time, but previously I either lacked the funds to purchase one, and whenever I did they were all sold out.

The H&K USP45 Elite is a grand pistol which looks not unlike a Walther PP on steroids with more modern styling, and those who follow my posts know that my favorite pistol of all time is the Walther PPK/S, (Which is basically just a Walther PP with a shorter barrel) so the aesthetics were of massive appeal to me. Furthermore, the H&K USP45, being a descendant of the US Navy SOCOM Mark 23 Pistol, is massively overbuilt for a .45, designed to withstand regular use of overpressure loads, thus making it one of the few pistols capable of shooting .45 Super right from the factory. (For those who haven't heard of it, .45 Super is an extremely hot loaded .45 ACP with ballistics comparable to 10mm Auto.) I doubt that I'll do much shooting with .45 Super, but it's an interesting and exciting little feature just the same.

The only minor downside is that the one I ordered was a California Compliant model which only comes with a pair of 10 round magazines instead of the standard 12 round magazines, but I can live with that.

I'll post some pics once I have received it, but obviously that's going to take awhile.

Until then, here's a pic from Wikipedia...

HAPPY SAINT PATRICK'S DAY!!!
That is a very nice hand gun! You will enjoy that. Owning a weapon that you love is a great thing. I know you don't like the wait, but when it is in your hands, you will be a happy man!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
36,772 Posts
^^ Nice leather!

Reactions: Zack856

·
Super Moderator
19,869 Posts
Picked up 200 rounds 10mm and a Safariland 7378 ALS holster for my Glock 29 I bought a couple of months ago. Wore it over the weekend to "break it in" and it is now my new EDC package. I also got a new (extra) Mag for my P320 in 357 Sig.

For what it's worth, each of my autopistols has its own dedicated Safariland ALS holster; exception is all my 1911s and revolvers reside in their own custom cut leather holster.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Got the cheese grater upper handguard for my AK in:

IMG_20210407_180843~2.jpg

·
Registered
9,191 Posts
Bought some silicone tape for the Raptor grip of my Shockwave, which definitely gives it a more positive feeling in hand than it normally does. I also have a pistol grip and pistol brace kit for it just because I planned on swapping out the Raptor at some point anyway. Just have to see which i prefer shooting it with.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
Here it is! My $.01 Two Hundred dollar, Holosun Magnifier!!! They actually honored the price!

View attachment 478236

View attachment 478237

I will never find a sweeter deal!! :p
Amazing good luck for you and impressive customer service to honor that price, despite the obvious error. I hope you remember them in future shopping. Oh, you will love that magnifier.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

5601 - 5620 of 5630 Posts