Taurus Firearm Forum banner

5481 - 5500 of 5512 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Picked up a Savage A22 .22lr rifle. Ordered a scope and rings for it and 2 extra mags.
Have cleaned and lubed but weather is too bad to get out and shoot.
Also ordered a bipod for shooting.
Can hardly wait til the parts and pieces come in. Ordered from Midway and they shipped already.

·
Registered
36,452 Posts
500 projectiles of 308 in 200 grain weight for the Evil Black Rifle--ahh pistol and another 100 projectiles in 9 MM 115 grain--just cause I already had to pay shipping.

·
Super Moderator
36,378 Posts
I just ordered a two pack of BX-25 Ruger magazines from S & P Outfitters in Ft. Worth. Good price and terms, I don't expect shipping will be very fast however. Want to lay in some stock of these before DC gets all controlling.

Reactions: MisterNoisy

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Nope, nothing left here to buy. No ammo, no reloading components, and few guns.

·
Registered
602 Posts
that should be a fine pick for the wife, I haven't shot one of the XL but its just bigger enough that it should be fairly pleasant to fire.
I love my 365 and many people have fired it both lady and males and none seem to be put off by any harshness and to me its the BEST striker fired weapon trigger that i have owned or shot and reliable as can be.
ergonomically it fits me well---like all Sigs and Cz seem to.
I originally thought she wanted the S&W .380 EZ and actually paid for it. on the way to the shop we were discussing buying another caliber ammo and thought it would be best to stay with 9mm. (I have a pile of it). She tried multiple guns in 9 and has difficulty operating the slide. the shop had the 365xl in stock and she could operate it easilyso the rest is history.

·
Registered
36,452 Posts
I originally thought she wanted the S&W .380 EZ and actually paid for it. on the way to the shop we were discussing buying another caliber ammo and thought it would be best to stay with 9mm. (I have a pile of it). She tried multiple guns in 9 and has difficulty operating the slide. the shop had the 365xl in stock and she could operate it easilyso the rest is history.
Gosh another great choice!
I guess I have put 5-6 different (mostly) new shooters on to the EZ, both in 9 and in 380.
S & W hit a home run with this gun, the thing is almost perfect for ladies and men with weak hands and wrist and large enough to get a hold on it while not being HUGE!

·
Registered
62 Posts
some new files and a set of cheap nippers.... getting ready to start my Polymer80 build (using nippers and files to slowly remove the excess polymer from the 80% pistol frame... vs using end-mill)

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I ordered an Outbags USA IWB Leather Holster for my M&P40 Shield.

My brother got me one of their holsters for Christmas back in 2019 and it has been such a fantastic holster in spite of being a brand that I had never heard of nor have I seen much buzz about that I bought one for my Shield.
They're inexpensive considering that they're made in the USA and while I'm no expert on leatherwork nor do I own any fancy leather belts or holsters to compare it to, it seems to be well made and is certainly adequate for the task seeing as I've been using one for EDC since Christmas 2019.

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I picked up a little over 700 rounds of 12ga for $150. Saw it posted on the local Armslist and had to jump on it!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Picked up 200 rounds of 9mm and 250 rounds of .22LR on Friday, at reasonable prices. $0.36/round on the 9's and $0.07/round on the 22's.

On Saturday, traded 200 rounds 9mm for 300 rounds .38 spl.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,013 Posts
Picked up 200 rounds of 9mm and 250 rounds of .22LR on Friday, at reasonable prices. $0.36/round on the 9's and $0.07/round on the 22's.

On Saturday, traded 200 rounds 9mm for 300 rounds .38 spl.
At this time, I would consider that VERY reasonable.

Reactions: Kruzn and olfarhors

·
Registered
36,452 Posts
I gots 1-K of small pistol primers !!!---Na-na-n-na nana!
I did have to pay 50 bucks for them though.
they are Federal so i figure that I can sale the empty box for about 20 bucks at the paper scrap yard due to the size of it!

·
Super Moderator
36,378 Posts
I gots 1-K of small pistol primers !!!---Na-na-n-na nana!
I did have to pay 50 bucks for them though.
they are Federal so i figure that I can sale the empty box for about 20 bucks at the paper scrap yard due to the size of it!
Those the ones that are set up on edge?...hate those, I always have to empty them into a shallow tray to get them into my primer tray without dumping some. But...primers ARE primers after all.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Ordered a couple of 15-round Sig P365XL mags for the new chooter, even though it isn't here yet.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I ordered a Sig Romeo Red Dot for my Rem 870. I even had permission from the PSU. Just need to decide on a saddle mount and I should be good to go.

·
Registered
36,452 Posts
Those the ones that are set up on edge?...hate those, I always have to empty them into a shallow tray to get them into my primer tray without dumping some. But...primers ARE primers after all.
I totally agree!
I hate Federal primers, first ones that i have bought in likely 20 plus years--but as you say--for us addicted ones does it really matter if the Crack is whitish or brownish--we just got to have it!

Reactions: oso

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I finally used up the rest of the LR Federal primers I bought 35 years ago, they were in normal size red boxes. I recently traded LP primers for LR primers, the LR primers I received in the trade were Federal, damn the 1K boxes are big, I don't know what Federal was thinking when packaging primers like that.

·
Registered
36,452 Posts
I finally used up the rest of the LR Federal primers I bought 35 years ago, they were in normal size red boxes. I recently traded LP primers for LR primers, the LR primers I received in the trade were Federal, damn the 1K boxes are big, I don't know what Federal was thinking when packaging primers like that.
I understand that its shipping regulations, IE- the boxed primers must undergo a certain amount of damage and not ignite?
as i understand Federal primers are among the most sensitive?
I am--ahh was a haz mat tech/Incident commander an must say however I never heard this being discussed so not sure if thats the reason or not, but for a reloader its a big old PITA

Reactions: oso and Czechbikr
5481 - 5500 of 5512 Posts