Taurus Firearm Forum banner

5441 - 5460 of 5512 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,803 Posts
Got a couple of fun floor plates for my Glock magazines. I wanted a black floor plate for the green glock (came with green floor plates), and love the red floor plate with the black.

I've also had fun with the 'Zombie' genre since "Dawn of the Dead" (1978)!

View attachment 475966

View attachment 475967
Nice stylin'! You can get an honorary degree in styling from the University of Georgia for that Red & Black look on the left.

·
Super Moderator
36,378 Posts
I tried to video the installation especially the guys lowering the safe down the stairs but got told I was in the way. The guys had a weird dolly that was able to lower itself down the stairs and had to be plugged into 120vac. These guys were great! They dint scratch anything and even bolted the safe down to the concrete floor.
Now for the wife to go buy me more guns!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
My BIL had one delivered like that and they were afraid that it might break the basement stairs.

·
Premium Member
13,263 Posts
Ordered a Ruger PC Carbine in 9mm and a Holosun green dot sight for it.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Oh man, so much shotgun stuff.

This ridiculous goose gun
500 rounds of 12ga suitable for clay shooting
Recoil system and mag follower upgrades from OR3GUN; I'll be adding their spacer tube upgrade when it becomes available again
A bunch of A-Zoom 12ga snap caps
Extended skeet choke tube

·
Registered
88 Posts
Took delivery of a new Remington 870 Tactical with Magpul collapsible stock and Hogue pistol grip. I look forward to going out tomorrow to pattern this gun with several brands and shots. Spent this afternoon prepping the action to get it running smooth as glass. I am not a gigantic shotgun lover, but have been thinking I should get one of these before they are all gone. The search for this one took 8 months! Glad to see it sitting in my bedroom corner.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
577 Posts
Thanks to the pup I needed a new range bag. I received the new desert tan bag (an AIRTTUZ - never heard of them) from Amazon today. Everything in the old bag fit and all the zippers are closed. It all seems like good quality, so hopefully it will serve its purpose for some time to come.

·
Premium Member
13,263 Posts
I ordered a Savage 93 FV-SR .22 mag. rifle from Kentucky Gun Co. Sad to say my big game hunting days are behind me, but I had a great run while it lasted. Right now I have enough trouble walking in the woods let alone trying to drag a deer, so I'm looking more towards small game, turkey and maybe a little coyote hunting.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
I ordered a Savage 93 FV-SR .22 mag. rifle from Kentucky Gun Co. Sad to say my big game hunting days are behind me, but I had a great run while it lasted. Right now I have enough trouble walking in the woods let alone trying to drag a deer, so I'm looking more towards small game, turkey and maybe a little coyote hunting.

Looks like my mark II, which I love.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36,452 Posts
Sending a letter to Athens, GA tomorrow with a copy of your post! :p
ahh you know they also have an online Gunsmith Class?
92446d1406761920-my-latest-smithing-project-wecsog-diploma.jpg

·
Super Moderator
19,803 Posts
Sending a letter to Athens, GA tomorrow with a copy of your post! :p
Thats too much work. Just drive through Athens with your window down and someone will toss one to ya.
We used to have a rifle team when I was there but it was shut down when Title IX was passed ~ 1980 - 1981. Too bad, we had 4 girls on the team and three of them were first string shooters. Two of those first stringers and one of our second string shooters (all girls) were on athletic scholarships at the time. All three lost their scholarships because of Title IX.
But I'm always fond of red and black anything.

·
Registered
32,007 Posts
I went to a regional farm and ranch store this morning, which opened at 8:00 am.
I was about 50th in line, they had ammo, I went for 9mm primarily, and they were letting folks get four boxes of different caliber ammo. They had 250 round Browning 9mm boxes, which were gone after the first 25 made it through the line.
I did score 50 rounds fiocchci 380 fmj for just under $20, 50 rounds of fiocchi .223 fmj for #under $26 and twenty rounds of Hornady 9mm XTP 124 grain hollpwpoints for under $20. Not a total loss, but hopeful to add to my 9 mm range ammo.

·
Super Moderator
36,378 Posts
^^ Nice score!

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I know this isn't a purchase, but here goes. I was sitting in front of the new safe wondering how I'm gonna fill it. When my nephew called and started telling me about the stash of guns he found in a storage locker he bought. 20 misc Glocks all 9mm, two kimber 1911s in .45acp, a Savage Axis ll xp and a sig 2022. He had his ffl there helping him. We got to talking about the Savage and he asked me if I wanted it. I asked "how much?" He said "your birthday is coming up isn't it? " then he said Free! Wow! I got him my ffls info and he said he will have his ffl send it to my ffl and mine only charges $25 for transfers.
I'm now (going to be) the proud owner of a Savage Arms Axis ll xp .308 still in the box built in 2012 rifle! My nephew is awesome!.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36,452 Posts
I know! I've got one of these! Quality!
YEA you know thats how i got my Georgia Advanced Master Gardener certificate as well!
facepalm,.jpg

Reactions: Valjean

·
Premium Member
13,263 Posts
Ordered a S&W Performance Center M&P Shield EZ in .380. It has Hi-Viz tritium fiber optic night sights, a 3.8" ported barrel, thumb and grip safeties, PC tuned action and lightening cuts on the slide. I already have PC Shields in .45 acp, .40 S&W and 9mm so this completes the set.

·
Premium Member
13,263 Posts
Ordered 100 rounds of CCI Blazer Brass 380acp 95gr FMJ ammo. It don't come cheap. I actually saw Speer Gold Dot hollow point .380 ammo going for $5.00 per round! Needless to say I didn't buy it.

Reactions: Taurus1965
5441 - 5460 of 5512 Posts