Taurus Firearm Forum banner

5201 - 5220 of 5706 Posts

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Found a good deal on some mags and bought a couple.

Reactions: BigBlue

·
Registered
32,150 Posts
One reason I'll never run out of ammo, is I have all these plastic bags of mixed ammo from coming in with just a few rounds left in my pockets. All calibers and gauges. I probably have 5 of these weighing at least a pound each in my chest of drawers.

Reactions: BigBlue

·
Premium Member
13,351 Posts
I've had a very good day. Ordered a Tikka T3X in .300 WM, a Walther PPQ 45, dies and various bullets for the .300 WM and 4 lbs. of various powders.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
I got an email notification of Hornady defense 9mm available last night, so I jumped on that. They only had two 50-round boxes available, though.

·
Premium Member
13,351 Posts
I've never owned a bad Tikka rifle. Every single one has a fantastic trigger, smooth bolt and very accurate. This .300 WM will make seven Tikka rifles for me. I have a T3X Superlite in 6.5 Creed that is a tack driver with Hornady 143 gr. ELD-x Precision Hunter ammo. I haven't been able to better it with handloads. I have most in either Bell and Carlson sporter stocks or Boyds laminate, but the 6.5 Superlite shoots so well I didn't want to change a thing.

Reactions: Taurus1965

·
Super Moderator
37,040 Posts
Just pushed the button on a "TwoFer"...The FFL charge is cheaper that way! ;)

I have a Beretta 85BB coming since I've been jonesing for that platform in .380 Auto, I may put the 81BB on the block to sell. Also put in an order for a Taurus PT111 G3C as I've gotten tired of waiting for the price to drop.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Picked up a set of RCBS small base .223 dies. Local gun store is almost out of everything including reloading components, powder, bullets, primers, etc.. Gun shelves are getting pretty bare too.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Just pushed the button on a "TwoFer"...The FFL charge is cheaper that way! ;)

I have a Beretta 85BB coming since I've been jonesing for that platform in .380 Auto, I may put the 81BB on the block to sell. Also put in an order for a Taurus PT111 G3C as I've gotten tired of waiting for the price to drop.

Which reminds me...I went shooting Thursday with the cousin of the Beretta 85...the Browning 380 BDA. When I look at the sleek design of these handguns, they are huge compared to other 380s on the market today., ie, the Ruger LCP series, etc.

I bought mine in July 1979. The only thing I've had malfunction was a broken firing pin about 5 years ago. I learned that dry firing them is a no-no. Seems the firing pin tunnel is fairly tight and the pin slams against the shoulder at the end of the tunnel and snapped the tip off the pin. Had to find a person who knew how to remove the old pin. I couldn't find a YOuTube video on it.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I was looking for a single stack mag. OWB belt clip mag carrier and found this one on Amazon. I have plenty of cordura pouches but wanted something more rugged. Interesting design that lets you customize the retention depending on which mag. you want to carry.

·
Premium Member
13,351 Posts
Picked up a used G3 today, a bunch of large pistol primers, some 44 speedloaders and a 938 holster.
Primers? Do they sell them now?

·
Premium Member
13,351 Posts
I found a Charter Arms Profesional, a 7 shot .32 H&R Mag. with wood grips, a 3" barrel and a fiber optic front sight. Not something you see everyday. I put a deposit on it.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Primers? Do they sell them now?
Heck yeah. I picked up 3k LPMP and 3k LPP at two different shops, to split between me and a couple of friends. I only wanted 2k of the Large magnum primers, but the lady who owns the shop said "Those are hard to find, you can have all 3K if you want them". So I bought all 3k.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just ordered a Mec Gar P226 18 round magazine to use with my PT111 G2. I am trusting what others have said that the P226 magazine will work with the PT111.
You wi have no problem. It will work fine, just a little bare metal exposed. I have one, but my little weak hands won't let me get the last two rounds in the magazine without the lula.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,351 Posts
My LGS had some primers today so I picked up a box of magnum rifle primers and I also got a box of .32 S&W Long ammo and two boxes of 225 gr. Winchester SilverTip ammo for my .358

5201 - 5220 of 5706 Posts