Taurus Firearm Forum banner

5181 - 5200 of 5706 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Scored a Winchester Model 94 30-30 manufactured in 1966.
Been wanting one for years, just never got around to getting one. Was looking at the prices of them for awhile and they are through the roof! Thought I'd never be able to afford one. Was at my LGS and there she was. Just bought off a fellow whose grandfather died and he had no use for it. Looked brand new. I couldn't believe it. After looking it over and wheeling and dealing I walked out with the baby for $500 total, a new rifle case and a box of ammo!

I'm in heaven.....

·
Premium Member
13,351 Posts
Scored a Winchester Model 94 30-30 manufactured in 1966.
Been wanting one for years, just never got around to getting one. Was looking at the prices of them for awhile and they are through the roof! Thought I'd never be able to afford one. Was at my LGS and there she was. Just bought off a fellow whose grandfather died and he had no use for it. Looked brand new. I couldn't believe it. After looking it over and wheeling and dealing I walked out with the baby for $500 total, a new rifle case and a box of ammo!

I'm in heaven.....
Nice find, congrats. I was glad to hear you got a box of ammo with it. It's amazing how hard it is to find .30-30 ammo these days. In the past, the .30-30 was among the rifles that people bought knowing that they could get ammo for it anywhere, not so these days. Again, congrats!

·
Registered
678 Posts
I just ordered a Mec Gar P226 18 round magazine to use with my PT111 G2. I am trusting what others have said that the P226 magazine will work with the PT111.

Reactions: BigBlue

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,186 Posts
Just received a 10 round 6.5 G AR mag, a 38 Super 1911 mag and 3 33 round glock 9mm double stack mags.

I don’t know whether to keep them or not, due to the canoe accident on the Arkansas river. It was sad.
😢

·
Premium Member
13,351 Posts
I just ordered a 12 gauge nickel finished Stoeger Coach Gun Supreme. I already have it's big brother the Uplander Supreme with a blued finish. These are afterall, Biden approved firearms.

·
Registered
36,678 Posts
I just ordered a 12 gauge nickel finished Stoeger Coach Gun Supreme. I already have it's big brother the Uplander Supreme with a blued finish. These are afterall, Biden approved firearms.

don't forget to keep it pointed UP when firing it!---LOL

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,187 ·
My lost order of Pachmayr tactical grips gloves came after I cancer the order that was suppose to have arrive Oct 28,2020.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Not sure if this counts but purchased a membership to a gun club. My local range closed it's door last year and not liking the public range as of late due to all the brainless idiots with their first time purchase.

·
Registered
5,628 Posts
I forgot to mention this 3 days ago...I got a box of 500 .357 plated hollow points from Extreme. Due here tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
13,351 Posts
While at my LGS today, I spotted a very gently used Tikka T3 in .223 for $350 and it followed me home. It's been fired, but very little by the looks of it. I had a nice Zeiss Conquest HD5 2-10x42 scope that I thought would be a good match for this rifle, so I mounted that on the rings that came with the rifle. I didn't really need another .223 bolt action as I already have a Ruger Ranch and a Savage 10, but what can I say I'm a sucker for a Tikka rifle, especially at that price. They are fairly light to carry, have fantastic triggers and very smooth bolts. This Tikka will make six with my .30-06, 7mm-08, 6.5 Creed, .243 and a .22-250. I'm still watching for a nice Tikka in .300 WM.

·
Registered
36,678 Posts
well kinda by association--a neighbor finally decided to go look/hunt for handgun, so I went along for inspiration--he ended up after looking at a hundred or so at 4 different shops and narrowing it down to about 5 different weapons he picked up a Sig 365 Tac package and while i was there a friend of mine walked out of the back stock room with a box of a thousand small pistol primers in his hand and said wasn't you asking about these the other day???--Wa-La.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
A M3K for dropping steel plates.👍

Maloy

·
Premium Member
13,351 Posts
I found 4 lbs of CFE 223 and 3000 srp in a closet the other day... Kinda felt like I got paid. I should sell some and put a down-payment on a new house.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
If you're selling the powder with primers you could get a McMansion!

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,186 Posts
I found 4 lbs of CFE 223 and 3000 srp in a closet the other day... Kinda felt like I got paid. I should sell some and put a down-payment on a new house.

Then you would need to pack and move everything.

No telling what you might find in the; attic, basement, back of a closet or in a drawer.

😳

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Then you would need to pack and move everything.

No telling what you might find in the; attic, basement, back of a closet or in a drawer.

Nah, I remember when I put them there, just hadn't thought about them in a while. They are with the rest of the primer in the shop now. I won't be selling them.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
How hard to you have to try to buy ammo for it to count?

But I did renew my annual pass at my favorite range.

Reactions: BigBlue

·
Premium Member
13,351 Posts
How hard to you have to try to buy ammo for it to count?

But I did renew my annual pass at my favorite range.
A friend of mine asked me to find some G2 Research 92 gr. 9mm R.I.P. ammo for him. I checked all of my usual haunts, but never really expected to find it and it turned out as I expected. No Luck.

5181 - 5200 of 5706 Posts