Taurus Firearm Forum banner

5121 - 5140 of 5221 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,756 Posts
^^ The lines are very similar to my SR 22.
Funny thing is when I bought the Walther P22, it was a toss up between that and the Ruger SR22. It wouldn't surprise me if Ruger could make a .380 based on their SR22.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
36,084 Posts
I picked up a 500 round count of 220 grain Berry projectiles for my 300 Blackout, or IF i run short on Halloween candy i guess i could pass those out?
now on to find the elusive 9 MM 115 or 124 grainers and 45 acp 200 grain FP to SWC to store away for hard times.

Reactions: BigBlue

·
Registered
36,084 Posts
I had intended to put it on the Ruger 556 I just bought, but it may go on my Stag instead.

BTW, if you go to the "Gunstuff Anonymous" meeting at Olfarhor's place you need to bring a box full of 1911s or CZ75s as proof you belong.
yea it kind of like our SECRET HAND SHAKE thing!

Reactions: oso and BigBlue

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
I bought a Teslong borescope, that thing is amazing. I also bought a TriggerTech Special for my Begara B 14 HMR, I now have a 1 Lb. trigger with no creep/pretravel, just touch the trigger and it breaks extremely clean.

·
Super Moderator
35,685 Posts
I just ordered 4 Taurus G3C pistols today. When I pick them up, I will send them to NCEngravers to have them tricked cut, finished, and personal engraved. These will all be grandkid gifts. Something to help them remember the old man. LOL.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
That's a thoughtful gift they will always treasure. Welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois!

·
Premium Member
12,756 Posts
I had a rare find today, a S&W CS45 Chief's Special in .45 acp. I have wanted one of these for many years and put a deposit down on it. Rated 90-100% so it could not have been used much. I didn't get a picture of the one I found, but here's a representative photo I found on Gunbroker..

·
Registered
7,561 Posts
That's a good looking gun!

·
Registered
898 Posts
Found an interesting holster today. Crossfire EDC Elite. Ordered one ....had a Promo gift card from Amazon, so got it nearly free..... Can return it if it does not work for me.
Usually these do all type holsters leave a little to be desired, but would be nice to carry just about any firearm I own in one small holster.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I stopped at a farm and ranch store that also sells guns. They had the Girsan Regard, a copy of the Beretta 92. It's gotten lots of good write ups and reviews. I've seen people selling them around $500, but this store had it for $350. it's a nice looking gun.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I went out to our local range today to try out a new EDC 9mm I purchased. I have been pocket carrying a compact Ruger LCP 380bfor a good while. But, I wanted to move to a slightly larger 9mm compact. New Tarus G3c worked great and I lived it. But, that is not my story.

The counter guy was unpacking a very large shipment of ammo they received late Friday afternoon. They received a TON of Seller & Belott 9mm 115gr FMJ. They have had a 2 box, range shooting only limit on ammo. I told him I really needed more and he said just this one time since I am a regular shooter. I scored 15 boxes at $14.88! Still too high, but the quantity got me. I am happy.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
555 Posts
I ordered 200 rounds of 9mm WWB and 200 rounds of 9mm Federal Aluminum. Getting nervous about the Election so rather than eat chips and pretzels I ordered ammo.

Optics Planet is doing pre-order and it ships when available. Free Shipping option too.

The WWB will ship in 2-3 weeks. The Federal is TBD but that's OK with me.

I texted back and forth with my son and reminded him that Biden can stop online ammo sales with an Executive Order.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Couldn’t pass up at Midway. These are selling up to twice retail price on Gunbroker. I gave my old one to son-in-law who loved it and now his new CCW. I have regretted it ever since - so now have another one on the way. Even though this one does not have the rotary barrel, still a great shooter and 13 rounds in small package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31,746 Posts
I caught some cheapo .410 2 1/2" Monarch Birdshot (still $8.99 plus tax per box of 25) 2 boxes, online at Academy. I am using this for practicing point shooting from the hip with my Mossberg Shockwave. You definitely don't want to practice with any defensive ammo once you have patterned it, nor do you want to practice with any premium .410 birdshot.
It is handy to shop online at Academy, then just take my time to drive to the store to pick it up.
If I needed any ammo, I would just shop online at Academy.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
I went to my local dealer to try and pick some ammo today. Was wanting 9mm FMJ, 22 LR and 22 mag. The only thing he had I needed was 22 mag so I picked up 2 50 round boxes of Hornady 30 gr V-Max for $15 a box. He had gotten several handguns and long guns in since I was there last week but nothing to put in them! He did have reg 38s but no other hand gun ammo. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
476 Posts
I ordered some only slightly overpriced mags along with a fiber optic front sight for one of my guns, and a combo tritium/FO sight for another one. That will be it for a while. I have plenty of 9mm and .380 ammo. I don't have too much .38/357 and only about 400 rounds of .45 ACP. I should have grabbed a couple of boxes of both when I was at a local store with loads of it, just before the plague hit.

·
Premium Member
11,011 Posts
Picked up a 16 inch 9MM AR barrel and rifle stock, just to have.

5121 - 5140 of 5221 Posts