Taurus Firearm Forum banner

5101 - 5120 of 5224 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,687 Posts
I just finally placed the order for the 458 SOCOM upper that I've been considering for quite some time. Bear Creek Arsenal has a side charging upper complete for $375.00 delivered, the best price I've found to this date They were out of stock for weeks and the email came through just now. Now I'm on the hunt for ammo, brass, boolits, dies set.

·
Super Moderator
35,687 Posts
Bought a Stainless Rossi 357 Lever Gun. Had a 44 mag but sold it to fund this one. That 44 kicked more than my Marlin 3030.
LOL...the first time out with my Marlin 44 Magnum I took factory 240 grain rounds and was DISMAYED with the felt recoil of those boogers. I thought I had made the biggest mistake in my gun buying life. I now hand load 240 grain PFN with 8 grains on Universal and it's a different beast. I also make up some with TrailBoss and those feel like a 38 Special.

Congrats on the R92 in 357. I also have one of those and it's a great gun. Watch the brass bead on the front blade. Check to see if it's loose and can be pulled off. Mine took a hike and I am over two and a half months waiting for Taurus to send me a new one. I should have made them send me a label and let them pay the freight both way.

·
Super Moderator
35,687 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,687 Posts
I've been on a tear...bought Dies for the 458 Socom, Berry's bullets for it, didn't want to pay the price of once fired brass so bought a bucket of 60 rounds for 1.41 each...OUCH. Better believe I'll be looking to account for each case.

·
Premium Member
12,761 Posts
I got myself another twofer at my LGS. I stopped to pick up a S&W PC Shield in 9mm and ended up also going out the door with another AR. This one is a basic Ruger. The gun shop had new Colt, Savage, S&W and Ruger ARs.

·
Registered
36,085 Posts
MY fav-o-Rite Gun shop/ range told me they are getting more Shields from S & W than any other manufacture these days
either they had a lot(a whole lot) in stock or they are producing them all day and night, quite a few are from the Performance line as well.
I have sold like 3 for them to newbies recently (recommendations).
good pistola ,especially for the money.

Reactions: BigBlue

·
Registered
152 Posts
Got 5 boxes of Federal American Eagle 9MM 115gr online for $24 each. First time I have seen brass cased 9MM for less than 50 cents/round in quite a while (at least without having to stare at a computer 24 hours a day for bargains)

·
Premium Member
12,761 Posts
I ordered 5 more 30 round Pmags for my ARs and 5 more 17 round mags for my Glock 9mm pistols. Get 'em while you still can.

·
Premium Member
12,761 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Just got notified that Bud's finally had three Mossberg MC2c's in stock. Immediately ordered one and I pick it up from my local mom and pop FFL on the 27th when I get back home. I've been out of country and waiting for this gun to become available again for what seems like forever.

·
Premium Member
12,761 Posts
I ordered a new Aimpoint Red Dot. Not sure which AR I'll mount it to yet.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,873 Posts
I ordered a new Aimpoint Red Dot. Not sure which AR I'll mount it to yet.

That's when you know it's time for "Gunstuff Anonymous", when you buy something with absolutely no idea where it is going to fit in you scheme.

BTW It meets at Olfarhors's place and you will need to contact him for the time, date and directions.

·
Premium Member
12,761 Posts
That's when you know it's time for "Gunstuff Anonymous", when you buy something with absolutely no idea where it is going to fit in you scheme.

BTW It meets at Olfarhors's place and you will need to contact him for the time, date and directions.

View attachment 473566
I had intended to put it on the Ruger 556 I just bought, but it may go on my Stag instead.

BTW, if you go to the "Gunstuff Anonymous" meeting at Olfarhor's place you need to bring a box full of 1911s or CZ75s as proof you belong.

·
Premium Member
12,761 Posts
Ordered a Walther PK380. It's identical to my P22Q and I love that little .22.

·
Super Moderator
35,687 Posts
^^ The lines are very similar to my SR 22.

5101 - 5120 of 5224 Posts