Taurus Firearm Forum banner

5081 - 5100 of 5153 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
I had some ammo delivered Friday. I had it sent to where I work, to make sure it didn’t get swiped off my doorstep before I got home. These porch thieves have no shame, just last Tuesday my neighbor had some specialized renal formula Hills Science Diet cat food from Chewy stolen off her porch.

Reactions: BigBlue

·
Premium Member
12,562 Posts
Ordered four more Lancer L5 warfighter AR-15 20 round magazines.

·
Registered
36,040 Posts
I had some ammo delivered Friday. I had it sent to where I work, to make sure it didn’t get swiped off my doorstep before I got home. These porch thieves have no shame, just last Tuesday my neighbor had some specialized renal formula Hills Science Diet cat food from Chewy stolen off her porch.
we are fortunate I guess , all our thieves are way to lazy to steal anything thats very heavy, or anything like work boots, work gloves etc.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,562 Posts
It's a beautiful fall day and to top it off I got a twofer today at my LGS. The Taurus 605 I ordered came in and when I went to my LGS to pick it up there was a gently used Remington 7600 in .270 Win. that was in need of a new home. It has a 22" barrel with blued metal, a removable steel box magazine and satin finished checkered walnut stocks. I like barrel mounted sights and I think I can probably use these sights without having to put a scope on it. I would have prefered a slightly shorter barrel, but at 22" it should get the most out of the .270. Sorry, not the greatest picture.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,562 Posts
we are fortunate I guess , all our thieves are way to lazy to steal anything thats very heavy, or anything like work boots, work gloves etc.
No work boots were stolen in the looting, nor welfare offices burned.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
36,040 Posts
It's a beautiful fall day and to top it off I got a twofer today at my LGS. The Taurus 605 I ordered came in and when I went to my LGS to pick it up there was a gently used Remington 760 in .270 Win. that was in need of a new home. It has a 22" barrel with blued metal, a removable steel box magazine and satin finished checkered walnut stocks. I like barrel mounted sights and I think I can probably use these sights without having to put a scope on it. I would have prefered a slightly shorter barrel, but at 22" it should get the most out of the .270. Sorry, not the greatest picture.
Don't see many 760 around here, the big seller was of course the 742 ( Later the 7400) you know cause it was a semi and the hunters could throw more lead through the woods at the Deer a lot faster, of course NOTHING will kill a Georgia Deer except the 30-06 and with the Remington 220 grain core -lokt and then its got to be the round tipped version, not the pointy one.
I would take the 760 everyday over the 742 myself, not to mention the 742 had the rep as being known as the "jam -a-Matic in these parts, nice find!

·
Registered
534 Posts
I picked up two of these at my local Lowe's for $5.99 each. Roughly 2 1/2 times the size of a .50 cal ammo can, possibly larger. One for my .38/.357 and the other will be for .45 ACP.

·
Super Moderator
35,582 Posts
Just ordered 500 124 grain PRN and 500 200 grain PRN (45 ACP) from Xtreme. 140 bucks net to me, reported in stock. Would have preferred Everglades for a better price and free shipping, but they are out of stock. Also looked at coated product with a higher Brinell (RMR bullets...SNS casting) than Brazos but they were all out of inventory. Bird in the hand is the way of the world these days.
wish you luck!
the last order i made with extreme and this was before the panic they had all three projectiles listed as in stock, well some 40 days later they sent me an E mail asking me to contact the credit card company and tell them to allow the charge as it had been so long since i ordered they would not approve it.
honestly it had been so long that i had already ordered and received the berry projectiles from Midway I didn't need them.
I like extreme projectiles but the last 2-3 times i ordered from them they have been very lacking in customer service to be honest, let us know how this works for you.
As you see, I ordered these the night of the 22nd. Two days ago I received notice of shipping and much to my postal lady's dismay, didn't think they would get here for 3 or 4 days. She shlepped them to my porch this morning.

Nine days from order (the following morning) to delivery...I would say that Xtreme is back.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Run across fairly cheap ammo today in an out of the way place .......an Ace hardware store in a rural setting. Never seen ammo in an Ace before! SAM_0169.JPG

·
Registered
36,040 Posts
Run across fairly cheap ammo today in an out of the way place .......an Ace hardware store in a rural setting. Never seen ammo in an Ace before! View attachment 468645

We had a couple Ace hardware here, one in McDonough ,one in Stockbridge that sold ammo, no guns , but that was years ago.

Reactions: mark7mod0

·
Registered
895 Posts
SAM_0177.JPG Went to Rural King for some spiced peaches and they had this .22 ammo. Less than $5 a box...what the heck, I give it a try. I don't buy lead rd nose often, and never tried this. Will use it in my .22 conversion for my CZ P-07 tomorrow to check it out.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I bought the low cheek riser kit for my Magpul SGA stock. The .250" will put me perfect with the sights on my 590a1. I might have to do the same to an 870. The SGA stock seems to have less drop, giving less felt recoil.

I also ordered their 1.25" basic sling for the same gun.

Maloy

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ordered a sling attachment point for my PSA AK-V pistol - took the brace off and replaced it with a Picatinny adapter. Put a rail cover on it. The attachment point will go between the grip and bottom of the receiver. There is another attachment point at the front of the fore piece which will then allow me to use the sling strap to steady the weapon as needed.

·
Premium Member
12,562 Posts
I just ordered a S&W Performance Center M&P Shield 2.0 in 9mm. I already have the PC Shield in .40 S&W and .45 acp so this will complete the set. They come ported and have fiber optic sights. Great little shooters and make great carry guns.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I ordered one more 30 round Magpul AK magazine and one more 20 round Magpul AK magazine. I think I am done until after the election, I hope.

5081 - 5100 of 5153 Posts