Taurus Firearm Forum banner

5041 - 5060 of 5229 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Picked up an MTM .50 cal ammo box from Amazon so I can get some 12 gauge a little more organized.

Reactions: BigBlue

·
Registered
282 Posts
Nice buy Big Blue.......I looked at one in Rural King yesterday, but they would not take the trigger lock off to check the trigger pull and reset...I understand safety, but I told them "NO thanks, I will go to a real gun store that knows why this is a must to a firearm buyer."

HAd a similar incident at a gun show in the Houston area couple of years ago. I was fondling a handgun...can't remember which...and had my finger on the trigger.

As we all know the guns have the tie wraps through the slide/chamber to prevent it from functioning, right ? This guy, who looked like one of the banned crazy people of YouTube, loudly criticized me for placing my finger on a firearm trigger. I looked at him and responded that if he desired to sell guns, people needed to be able to feel the position of the hand and finger. Besides, none of his guns should have been loaded and were not capable of shooting anyway.

Waved him off and bought a S&W Model 36 made in 1969 at another table.

·
Registered
36,085 Posts
yea, I ain't gonna be buying any handgun that i can not put in my hand, try the trigger, look at the sights along the slide and work the action, thats NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.
and honestly i am not really going to be handling any weapon without first checking to make sure its not loaded---even IF I just saw you do it before you handed it to me.
how many times do we read here about someone buying a firearm only to take it home and find an obvious problem with it that likely would have been found had they tried working the action/slide and taking a good look?
actually i do this with any weapon not just a handgun.

·
Premium Member
12,778 Posts
yea, I ain't gonna be buying any handgun that i can not put in my hand, try the trigger, look at the sights along the slide and work the action, thats NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.
and honestly i am not really going to be handling any weapon without first checking to make sure its not loaded---even IF I just saw you do it before you handed it to me.
how many times do we read here about someone buying a firearm only to take it home and find an obvious problem with it that likely would have been found had they tried working the action/slide and taking a good look?
actually i do this with any weapon not just a handgun.
I do most of my gun buying online so I don't get to check it before I order it. I do however check it before I fill out transfer papers and I have sent some back that weren't up to par. It doesn't cost you a cent to send them back. As far as whether a weapon handed to you is loaded or not, well anyone with an ounce of sense would hand you the gun with the action open or in the case of a revolver, with the cylinder swung open.

·
Registered
31,754 Posts
Violating an oath, the automotive departments were open at our Walmarts, (shortcut to the guns and ammo) and in my search for .410 000 buckshot, I went in to two Walmarts. Nada, nothing, But, what had once been my favorite Walmart, was closing out all their firearms on a clearance sale. I got there too late as a Ruger 10/22 bare bones sold for $104. A lot of bolt action/ scope combos were going for $184....again, too late. A .270 sold before I got to the front of the line. Mostly just varmint calibers left...no .223 rifles left...so I walked away empty handed. A .410 over and under with changeable choke tubes, pretty little engraved chrome or silver or alloy engraved receiver in 20 gauge also for $184 went just before I got to the front of the line. Ammo was still regular price, nothing I needed, so I left the way I came. Empty handed, and with my $$$ still in tact. Long time friendly clerk said it was not store manaement decision, came from corporate headquarters. You might check your local Walmarts for clearance sales. In cities with multiple stores, they will probably stagger the clearance sales.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I was surprised to see .38 Special online at a not too terrible price so I grabbed a few boxes.

·
Premium Member
12,778 Posts
I was surprised to see .38 Special online at a not too terrible price so I grabbed a few boxes.
The thing is that you can't be too picky as to the type of ammo. I've been watching for Federal 130 gr. HST .38 special +P ammo. It kind of looks like a wadcutter with a hollow point. I haven't had any luck with that.

·
Premium Member
12,778 Posts
My wife wanted to go to Walmart today so I looked around in their sporting goods department and bought some Blackhorn 209 powder. I've been watching for this powder and everywhere I looked was sold out, so I was happy to find it today.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
I'm in withdraw. I've not bought anything in weeks. Heck, I recently shot some .22 ammo I bought over 30 years ago. A couple of local dealers would like me to come by and restock their stores for them.

Maloy

·
Premium Member
12,778 Posts
Ordered 200 pcs. of .45 acp brass, 250 pcs. 230 gr. FMJ .45 acp bullets and 200 pcs. 125 gr. JSP .357 bullets from Midsouth.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
At 1:15 AM this morning I got an email from "Joe Bob Outfitters" that let me know they had some mags in stock for my Sig Sauer 1911-22 So I ordered 4 mags with With "4" followers and an extra "+4" follower for my original mag. $95.55 total.
The "+4" followers let the mags hold 14 rounds instead of the original 10 rds.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I bought a nice variety of cast lead bullets to reload 38 spl/357 mag, 45 ACP and .40 S&W. Finally found some Trailboss at a local store here in Jacksonville. Unfortunately, he charged $41.00 for the 9oz can.

I would like to buy an EAA Bounty Hunter 7.5in 44 mag but there aren't any to be found.

·
Super Moderator
19,678 Posts
The thing is that you can't be too picky as to the type of ammo. I've been watching for Federal 130 gr. HST .38 special +P ammo. It kind of looks like a wadcutter with a hollow point. I haven't had any luck with that.

Oh, you mean like these?
9799382A-085F-49BA-A859-76107A7C1B4C.jpeg
Only place I've been able to find them is WalMart and they have a lot of them!

·
Premium Member
12,778 Posts
Oh, you mean like these?
View attachment 467969
Only place I've been able to find them is WalMart and they have a lot of them!
Exactly like those. I still have one full box, but wanted to get more when available. A friend of mine, now passed on, used to load .38s with inverted hollow base wadcutters for carry. I guess he was ahead of his time. RIP Paul!

5041 - 5060 of 5229 Posts