Taurus Firearm Forum banner

5021 - 5040 of 5246 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,809 Posts
Last week I ordered a S&W M&P M2.0 4.25" 9mm pistol from Bud's. I already have the original M&P 9, a M&P 40 M2.0 compact, two M&P Shield PC versions in both .40 and .45 and they are sweet all shooting pistols, but wanted to get one of the newer 9mm 2.0 version with the thumb safety. Well most online dealers are taking a bit longer to ship than had been the norm, but this morning instead of a shipping notice I got a Email saying to contact customer service in regards to this order. As it happened several people ordered the gun at the exact same time, they are out of stock and full of apologies for the computer glitch. Over the weekend I was watching a YT video reviews of the pistol and had come across several reviews of the 5" and sort of regretted not having ordered the 5". Long story short they had the 5" in stock and that will be replacing the 4.25" pistol I originally ordered.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Finally found a scope for my MKII. Many thanks to a forum member for the good deal. This is a nice scope and I kinda looks like it was made for this rifle. Target like turrets with reset-able zero and bdc reticle. Put the comb riser and the cheap bipod now I'm ready to be a tactical sniper.

I should mention it's a Nikon Prostaff Rimfire 3-9x40.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
35,739 Posts
Just ordered a 9mm conversion and tool head for my Dillon Square Deal B from Dillon Precision. Also ordered 1,000 Hy-Tec coated 9mm bullets from Missouri Bullet Company. Should help keep me occupied during cold weather this upcoming season.
and to think I used to feel funny loading 9mm as the price and availability were so low...:D

·
Administrator
39,512 Posts
and to think I used to feel funny loading 9mm as the price and availability were so low...:D
Me too. But availability is zero, and what is available that I see on line is no bargain.

I got notification from Dillon today that my conversion and tool head shipped already.

·
Premium Member
12,809 Posts
Finally found a scope for my MKII. Many thanks to a forum member for the good deal. This is a nice scope and I kinda looks like it was made for this rifle. Target like turrets with reset-able zero and bdc reticle. Put the comb riser and the cheap bipod now I'm ready to be a tactical sniper.

I should mention it's a Nikon Prostaff Rimfire 3-9x40.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Nice looking set up!

Reactions: stupimlico

·
Registered
36,111 Posts
never really bothered me as like you i am sure, I had all the parts laying around anyway since i also load for the 380 and 38 Thupper.
But that about 6.50 per box of 50 for 9 MM looks pretty good now don't it?

·
Super Moderator
35,739 Posts
never really bothered me as like you i am sure, I had all the parts laying around anyway since i also load for the 380 and 38 Thupper.
and to actually HAVE it!! ;)

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
I picked up 2 50 round boxes of 9mm and a 275 round box of 22 LR today. Only 9mm he had was Blazer and would only let me buy 2 boxes at $32 a box. The box of 22LR was $30. :eek:

·
Premium Member
12,809 Posts
.38 Super ammo still seems to be fairly inexpensive, not overly stocked, but available. When compared to the current price of 9mm defensive ammo, it's quite cheap.

·
Registered
36,111 Posts
.38 Super ammo still seems to be fairly inexpensive, not overly stocked, but available. When compared to the current price of 9mm defensive ammo, it's quite cheap.
seems like it all depends on the brand?
Fiocchi and a few other brands are pretty inexpensive in range grade ammo (non expanding point) but around here name brand ammo seems to be exactly the same price range in 38 Thupper as 9 MM in either range type or self defense type ammo.
course not nearly as much choice in the 38 normally, seldom do you see 38 Thupper self defense ammo in stock around here.
Sig sauer ammo is usually what you see here in both calibers and it sales for the same price.

·
Premium Member
12,809 Posts
seems like it all depends on the brand?
Fiocchi and a few other brands are pretty inexpensive in range grade ammo (non expanding point) but around here name brand ammo seems to be exactly the same price range in 38 Thupper as 9 MM in either range type or self defense type ammo.
course not nearly as much choice in the 38 normally, seldom do you see 38 Thupper self defense ammo in stock around here.
Sig sauer ammo is usually what you see here in both calibers and it sales for the same price.
Most of what I'm seeing in .38 Super is FMJ, both standard and +P. Armscor, PMC and Sig. prices range from $20-$22 a box of 50. That's pretty hard to beat "in these uncertain times." God I hate that saying!

·
Registered
36,111 Posts
Most of what I'm seeing in .38 Super is FMJ, both standard and +P. Armscor, PMC and Sig. prices range from $20-$22 a box of 50. That's pretty hard to beat "in these uncertain times." God I hate that saying!
really the only brand that I can find in 9 MM and 38 S to compare apples to apples (same brand, same projectile etc ) is the sig ammo and in self defense thats a 20?-- maybe 25 round box, the Fmj sig stuff is 50 round boxes.
course now I can't even see that to compare!---LOL

Reactions: BigBlue

·
Premium Member
12,809 Posts
In honor of Patriot Day, I renewed my 5 year membership in the Second Amendment Foundation. I also ordered a Rock Island 1911 in .38 Super and 300 rounds for it. I got notified this morning that the Taurus 1911 Commander that I ordered from KGC is now unavailable and has been cancelled.

·
Super Moderator
35,739 Posts
Today the UPS driver delivered 10 boxes of Wolf Performance Ammunition 7.62x39 ammunition and the FedEx driver delivered five Korean steel 30 round AK magazines.

A plan comes together...literally.

·
Premium Member
11,018 Posts
Ordered another 32 round Colt mag for my 9mm AR pistol and a another 20 round AR 308 mag. Got 80 rounds of 7.62x39 Tula from Academy. They were the last two boxes on the shelf.

·
Registered
898 Posts
From Ghost INC...... I ordered a 4.5 lb. Firing Pin Spring/Striker Gen 1-5 and 1 REDUCED POWER FIRING PIN SAFETY PLUNGER SPRING for Glocks GEN 1-5 for my Glock 43x.

·
Premium Member
12,809 Posts
Put a deposit on a new Kimber today.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Nice buy Big Blue.......I looked at one in Rural King yesterday, but they would not take the trigger lock off to check the trigger pull and reset...I understand safety, but I told them "NO thanks, I will go to a real gun store that knows why this is a must to a firearm buyer."

5021 - 5040 of 5246 Posts