Taurus Firearm Forum banner

4961 - 4980 of 5124 Posts

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
7:00 am Today, There was a grand opening of a Fleet N Farm store near me. I arrived at 9:30 to find the pistol ammo shelves 2/3 full and rifle ammo shelves almost totally filled. Prices were about normal too! There was a limit of 2 boxes per caliber. I brought the wife along so we scored 4 boxes of 9mm of Remington green box at $12/ box, a box of $24 38 special, and 4 boxes of American Eagle .223 at $8.50. Then I had a $20 coupon.

I really didn't need the ammo since I reload, but my SIL sure could.

·
Premium Member
12,495 Posts
Put a deposit on a police trade in Sig P226 in .40 S&W. I need it like I need another hole in my head, but I have this illness that just wouldn't let me pass it up.

·
Registered
36,017 Posts
I haven't even shot it and love it already. It fits my hand great, has decent sights, the weight and balance are perfect. No problem maintaining my grip and reaching the controls. When I learned to shoot, many moons ago, it was common to use the forefinger of your off hand to pull back on the front of the trigger guard to help steady the weapon. I never could nor really wanted to break that habit and this trigger guard is ideal for me. I was surprised by the inclusion of a NSN NATO designation number.

yep!
if I remember correctly the NSN number was actually a selling factor and was added here in the USA by CZ USA if I remember right.
Mine is a early model that came in with a 75D slide on it, they were so popular and hard tog et that they brought in some that had that slide on them.
Mine has been quite remarkable and lucky I am sure because i am north of 8000 rounds (Mostly my relaods) and not a single malfunction of any kind with the weapon, as you say its just a natural fit for me.

Attachments

Reactions: BigBlue

·
Registered
31,688 Posts
I'm still buying some defensive ammo for my Mossberg Shockwave. Found one box of 10 Winchester 3" PDX with four discs and 16 BB's. I did go by Academy and pick up a box of 2 1/2" #8 birdshot for practice. The only handgun ammo they had was about 5 boxes of .44 mag in defensive rounds.

I've never seen buckshot in any gauge be this tight to find. One guy was trying to find handgun ammo for his parents in Dallas.

I've never seen the fear factor this high, as is reflected by bare shelves.

Mossberg is expected to send some shipments of 88's to our local Academys in the morning.

·
Premium Member
12,495 Posts
I'm still buying some defensive ammo for my Mossberg Shockwave. Found one box of 10 Winchester 3" PDX with four discs and 16 BB's. I did go by Academy and pick up a box of 2 1/2" #8 birdshot for practice. The only handgun ammo they had was about 5 boxes of .44 mag in defensive rounds.

I've never seen buckshot in any gauge be this tight to find. One guy was trying to find handgun ammo for his parents in Dallas.

Mossberg is expected to send some shipments of 88's to our local Academys in the morning.
We've had runs on guns and ammo before, but I don't think it ever compared to this. As you say, the fear factor is high.

Reactions: Jake3501

·
Registered
246 Posts
That new Fleet Farm is only a 10 minute drive from me.
Saw the parking lot on Friday and said not for me.
Will be going there Monday but doubt any ammo will be left.
Want some fishing gear for week long trip in a few weeks so that area should be stocked.
As a side note, finding lead weights [sinkers] for fishing is getting hard to find.
Maybe all the lead is going to ammo mfg.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Just got a notice from Bass Pro that my order of 250 CCI Mini Mags is being processed.
But from previous experience I know that processed does not mean getting ready to ship.
Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
That new Fleet Farm is only a 10 minute drive from me.
Saw the parking lot on Friday and said not for me.
Will be going there Monday but doubt any ammo will be left.
Want some fishing gear for week long trip in a few weeks so that area should be stocked.
As a side note, finding lead weights [sinkers] for fishing is getting hard to find.
Maybe all the lead is going to ammo mfg.
Sounds like we live close to one another, winnsman. If you pour your own lead sinkers and need lead. shoot me a PM. I'll be able to help you.

·
Super Moderator
34,940 Posts
I received two 25 round boxes of 20 gauge 3 buck. I'd ordered 1 buck, but hey, I ain't gonna complain. 3 buck 'll do. I'll cast some 32 caliber round ball and load it with my new lee loader when I get some wads.

·
Premium Member
12,495 Posts
Ordered 200 rounds of Sig Sauer Elite Performance .357 Sig 125 gr. FMJ ammo.

·
Registered
31,688 Posts
We've had runs on guns and ammo before, but I don't think it ever compared to this. As you say, the fear factor is high.
I was telling my son-in-law earlier today about how many runs on ammo and guns I have seen in my life. All the prior ones involved fear of not being able to buy either again. This time, I think it is of the most fear of needing to use them until you are no longer able to. Prior to this was the aftermath of Sandy Hook. Even then, it was short lived for centerfire ammo, only about 4-5 months, and the run on firearms was mostly AR15's. .22 Rimfire remained a valuable commodity for nearly two years. I definitely need to sell off about 10,000 rounds of that in October.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Purchased 1lbs. of Hodgon Lil-gun for .458 socom reloads. 100 Sierra matchking 69 gr. bullits, AR-stoner punch set and some shooter's choice gun grease.

·
Super Moderator
34,940 Posts
Just ordered 500 20 gauge shot wads. They're for 3/4 ounce loads, but I felt 1 ounce would be too much for 3/4 ounces of buckshot. I might be wrong. If so, I'll just load some number six with 'em and find some 1 ounce. Since I'm loading buckshot with 'em, tough to guess on the wad. Could have just used some felt wads I suppose.

·
Premium Member
12,495 Posts
Ordered a recoil spring and a .357 Sig barrel for the police trade in P226 I have coming. I also put a .357 Sig barrel on my P229. Having no idea how many rounds have been through a used gun, I always install a new recoil spring.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I just bought a set of G10 grips, two factory 6 round mags and a Crossbreed mini-tuck for the Sig 938 I didn't plan on keeping...... LoL

Sent from my Vivo XI PLUS using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,331 Posts

I agree, it's really shot supply of ammo out there... I was happy to pick up a box of shot gun slugs today. That #8 bird shot that you picked up... even though small.. I would not want to get hit with that. Check out Paul Harrell video on using that load to minimize over penetration inside a house:

4961 - 4980 of 5124 Posts