Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Have you noticed this at Bud's?

2K views 21 replies 18 participants last post by  Gunowner99 
#1 ·
OK. I did my taxes yesterday and unfortunately, I'm getting a substancial amount of cash back. I say unfortunately because this means that Uncle Sammy has had over $1,000 per month of my money in 2014.
Anyway, since I want to be like AOCM.RET, I decided to buy a Taurus 44 mag in either a 6" or 8" barrel. I know that it will be a few weeks till my rebate hits the bank so I go to Bud's and plan on using the 90-day deal. One thing that I noticed during the checkout process was that Bud's offers, for an addition $31.35, an extended Lifetime Warranty. Just wandering if I am the only that has caught that?

...and no, I didn't pull the trigger on the Raging Bull, not yet anyway.

#2 ·
If you do not want the lifetime guarantee, you are not required to get it. But if you do, the gun you buy is under warranty by Bud's after the Manufacturer's warranty runs out. Taurus has a good warranty, but eventually if the gun goes bad, you will have to pay shipping to get it fixed. With the Bud's warranty, all costs are covered. I got the warranty with the Mossberg MVP I just got. I have no experience with Mossberg CS so I invested the $25.xx. I think it is a good deal. Other's may not think so.

#3 ·
In 10 or 20 years, What happens if parts is no longer available to repair your broken firearm, what is your recourse? Of course, If Bud's go out of business, your warranty is worthless. Do they pay you what you paid for the gun if you provide receipts? I can remember when $125 would buy you a nice S&W in the 1960's
These issues must be taken in account before purchasing a extended warranty.

#4 ·
I bought the 20.00 lifetime warranty from them for my Tisas. Haven't needed it though I have seen a couple of others use theirs and Bud's was exceptional repair and turn around time, free shipping, etc. Said they used their own smith in those particular cases. I believe Bud's will be one of the last businesses standing. They're not going anywhere.

#5 ·
I only buy the warranty if I am buying from a new manufacturer I have not dealt with. I believe I bought it on my Girsan 1911, and a Canik. Probably a waste of money, but if you are unsure of parts availability, or the quality of manufacture and materials it might be beneficial.

#9 ·
Hahaha! The responses to this thread are great. :) I stay away from Buds so as to avoid temptation.

#12 ·
Is it transferable? There are only two guns in my collection that I know will be with me for life. They will not be sold at any price. Everything else I'm not so attached to that I would care enough to pay for a warranty when I may not have it with me for long.

#20 ·
I noticed that as well.

#22 ·
Wow, a $14,000 refund, what's it like to be in the top 1% of wage earners? That's an AGI of $74,000 if single. Well, maybe not ha ha! In my case my donations, propertay taxes and mortgage interest along with deductions help.

Never mind.... ;-)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.