Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. I did my taxes yesterday and unfortunately, I'm getting a substancial amount of cash back. I say unfortunately because this means that Uncle Sammy has had over $1,000 per month of my money in 2014.
Anyway, since I want to be like AOCM.RET, I decided to buy a Taurus 44 mag in either a 6" or 8" barrel. I know that it will be a few weeks till my rebate hits the bank so I go to Bud's and plan on using the 90-day deal. One thing that I noticed during the checkout process was that Bud's offers, for an addition $31.35, an extended Lifetime Warranty. Just wandering if I am the only that has caught that?

...and no, I didn't pull the trigger on the Raging Bull, not yet anyway.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
OK. I did my taxes yesterday and unfortunately, I'm getting a substancial amount of cash back. I say unfortunately because this means that Uncle Sammy has had over $1,000 per month of my money in 2014.
Anyway, since I want to be like AOCM.RET, I decided to buy a Taurus 44 mag in either a 6" or 8" barrel. I know that it will be a few weeks till my rebate hits the bank so I go to Bud's and plan on using the 90-day deal. One thing that I noticed during the checkout process was that Bud's offers, for an addition $31.35, an extended Lifetime Warranty. Just wandering if I am the only that has caught that?

...and no, I didn't pull the trigger on the Raging Bull, not yet anyway.
If you do not want the lifetime guarantee, you are not required to get it. But if you do, the gun you buy is under warranty by Bud's after the Manufacturer's warranty runs out. Taurus has a good warranty, but eventually if the gun goes bad, you will have to pay shipping to get it fixed. With the Bud's warranty, all costs are covered. I got the warranty with the Mossberg MVP I just got. I have no experience with Mossberg CS so I invested the $25.xx. I think it is a good deal. Other's may not think so.

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
In 10 or 20 years, What happens if parts is no longer available to repair your broken firearm, what is your recourse? Of course, If Bud's go out of business, your warranty is worthless. Do they pay you what you paid for the gun if you provide receipts? I can remember when $125 would buy you a nice S&W in the 1960's
These issues must be taken in account before purchasing a extended warranty.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
I bought the 20.00 lifetime warranty from them for my Tisas. Haven't needed it though I have seen a couple of others use theirs and Bud's was exceptional repair and turn around time, free shipping, etc. Said they used their own smith in those particular cases. I believe Bud's will be one of the last businesses standing. They're not going anywhere.

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
I only buy the warranty if I am buying from a new manufacturer I have not dealt with. I believe I bought it on my Girsan 1911, and a Canik. Probably a waste of money, but if you are unsure of parts availability, or the quality of manufacture and materials it might be beneficial.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Dang you CB!

I went to buds web page and now there is a Browning Buck Mark Stainless w fiber optic sights and 5 total mags headed my way.

When the wife sees the cc bill, your gonna be in trouble!
;)

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Oh CB, you are really in trouble. Now I'm negotiating on a 22 conversion kit and 7 total mags.

And no, I don't have a problem!

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Hahaha! The responses to this thread are great. :) I stay away from Buds so as to avoid temptation.

·
22,034 Posts
Given the way Bud's treats everyone, I can't imagine for a second that buying a warranty from them would be worth a darn.

Reactions: Dan51 and CB236

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Is it transferable? There are only two guns in my collection that I know will be with me for life. They will not be sold at any price. Everything else I'm not so attached to that I would care enough to pay for a warranty when I may not have it with me for long.

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Also, has anyone noticed that their "Make An Offer" seems to only have a $5 savings over the listed price? That's all I've been able to deduce though the handful of guns I've tried to use that feature.

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dang you CB!

I went to buds web page and now there is a Browning Buck Mark Stainless w fiber optic sights and 5 total mags headed my way.

;)
Why does your wife ever see the cc bills? It's called online banking!

·
Registered
16,955 Posts
The only thing I got out of your post is that you want to be like AOCM.RET.
That is a bit worrisome................:icon_ poke:

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I can't imagine anyone buying a lifetime warranty on a gun with a lifetime warranty with the thought of saving shipping in the remote chance that it might need a repair.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I bought the 20.00 lifetime warranty from them for my Tisas. Haven't needed it though I have seen a couple of others use theirs and Bud's was exceptional repair and turn around time, free shipping, etc. Said they used their own smith in those particular cases. I believe Bud's will be one of the last businesses standing. They're not going anywhere.
How are the Tisass?

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Dang you CB!

;)
There goes your "Buying Hiatus", out the window. B.T.W. Nice choice. Have fun.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Also, has anyone noticed that their "Make An Offer" seems to only have a $5 savings over the listed price? That's all I've been able to deduce though the handful of guns I've tried to use that feature.
I noticed that as well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts