Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to convince my other half that I needed another carry weapon, she keeps saying what for, and doesn't buy any reason I have given. Well Last Night I bought a PT745 Pro from Gunbroker and she doesn't know it yet. I'm in serious trouble and my only hope is that the stainless on black will look exactly like my 709 to her (I doubt it she is eagle eyed:(). Any way got to find a time to clean the gunk off when she isn't around. If I can get out of the dog house I'm going to have some serious fun. :yeahbaby01:.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Congrats on your new aquisition. And heres hoping your couch is a comfy sleeper. :p And that you dont end up the color of the smiley.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I've been trying to convince my other half that I needed another carry weapon, she keeps saying what for, and doesn't buy any reason I have given. Well Last Night I bought a PT745 Pro from Gunbroker and she doesn't know it yet. I'm in serious trouble and my only hope is that the stainless on black will look exactly like my 709 to her (I doubt it she is eagle eyed:(). Any way got to find a time to clean the gunk off when she isn't around. If I can get out of the dog house I'm going to have some serious fun. :yeahbaby01:.
Lol... Just tell her. The perceived pain isn't as bad as telling her and getting it out of the way, apologetically. You can then fully enjoy your purchase!

·
Registered
6,737 Posts
It's always better to beg forgiveness than to request permission.

·
Registered
676 Posts
You should not be surprised when you find she has bought a new Corvette then. Right?

·
Administrator
35,785 Posts
Don't worry, your PT111 won't mind you sleeping next to it while you're on the couch or in the hammock in the backyard. ;D

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Oh yeah, you're in trouble...You may wanna start thinking of something that you can buy for her to lessen the blow..ha

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
When she notices you could always say, "This old thing I've had it for years just wanted to dust it off." :D

That's what they say when you notice a new dress or pair of shoes isn't it?

·
Administrator
41,031 Posts
When she notices, just say, oh, this is the one you gave me back in '83. She'll say, oh, yeah. Cuz wives, don't like their hubbys thinkin' they're forgetful. It has worked for me!

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have always taken great pride in being "a mean old man". However, I got that way because my wife is worse than I am and I'm a pretty good learner still. I'll be outside literally and in the dog house because it's too darn cold but I won't kick the dog out he's my best friend. Of course, I like sleeping on the floor as it keeps me straightened out.

·
Registered
204 Posts

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Get in front of it and make it clear in. Positive wy that this IS a part of family life, that it makes you feel good to know that you ccan and will protect the family - that you do and always will practice the safest gun practices established by long standing national organizations. Once there explain why it is a good thing that you start shooting IDPA matches once a month (for starters...).

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I just say I work my ass off sometimes I need to get me something I want, im tired of being treated like this tonight your sleeping on the couch I can't look at you right now. The old reverse psycology thing.
Lol... like he said!

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
I think I may be about to.
Going to get a M.O. to send stallard for a 30 round AR Promag.
Don't even have the AR.
Hmmmmm. What to get the Wife when she finds out?
"What do you need that for? You don't even have a gun for it!"

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
You could always make the PT111 hers. Custom finish, case and range bag and let her know that sharing range time is just another way to spend more time together.
This that's how I turned my wife in to a enthusiasts. Now she has my 2 girls on board they both asked for pinked out .223 Armalites for Christmas. You can't disappointe your young ladys when they want to join the ranks. My son is a gun nut by nature. A family that shot's together stays together.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
You could always just tell her you are concerned about her safety and wanted to get a variety of guns for her to practice with and get comfortable firing. Of course this could back fire and she may lay claim to your new firearm.

·
Registered
30,006 Posts
:D Tell her it was either a new fire arm or a new wife and being that we are in tough economic times... you chose the cheaper option! :D

(Hey you are in the dog house already, might as well have some fun too! :D )

1 - 20 of 62 Posts