Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well here is how THAT worked out... "arrested at his home Thursday for purchasing a rifle suppression device over the internet. Department of Homeland Security agents had tipped off prosecutors to the delivery of the illegal device"
sounds like they(he bought a bunch of them) were just the cherry on top the ice cream sunday...

Deputy mayor of NY town found with unregistered guns, fake FBI badges: feds

·
Registered
15,370 Posts
I just checked the shed and even the pantry. I don't have anything that uses chinese oil so there's no reason for me to get a chinese oil filter.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I would recommend that anyone who is interested in Suppressors yet doesn't wish to jump through the hoops necessary to legally obtain one look into Linear Compensators as a non-restricted alternative.

I bought one for my M&P40 Shield earlier this year if only to have something to attach to my threaed barrel, but was surprised to discover just how much the report was reduced by simply redirecting it downrange.

Sure, it's not a Suppressor, nor does it actually muffle the sound of a gunshot like one, but it does reduce the noise for the shooter as well as shooters in other lanes by focusing/redirecting the sound downrange, so if all you're looking for is something to reduce the noise for yourself and other bystanders, a Linear Compensator makes for a nice alternative.

·
Registered
17,592 Posts
But, but, but, it's OK, the guy is almost certainly a dimokkkrat, which means the law does not apply to him. Just ask Hill and Billary, or Hunter's dad

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I would recommend that anyone who is interested in Suppressors yet doesn't wish to jump through the hoops necessary to legally obtain one look into Linear Compensators as a non-restricted alternative.

I bought one for my M&P40 Shield earlier this year if only to have something to attach to my threaed barrel, but was surprised to discover just how much the report was reduced by simply redirecting it downrange.

Sure, it's not a Suppressor, nor does it actually muffle the sound of a gunshot like one, but it does reduce the noise for the shooter as well as shooters in other lanes by focusing/redirecting the sound downrange, so if all you're looking for is something to reduce the noise for yourself and other bystanders, a Linear Compensator makes for a nice alternative.
Did you ad an after market threaded barrel to your Shield or did it come with one? If the barrel is after market, what brand & how much, ifn you don't mind?

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
It's an Aftermarket Alpha Wolf Threaded Barrel from Lone Wolf Distributors. It cost me $99.95 because it was blemished, described as "lightly pitted" by Lone Wolf, but arrived in near flawless condition with a few mere freckles where some light pitting had been polished out, visible only under very bright light.

My M&P40 Shield is a Performance Center model that shipped with a Ported Barrel, which I was never really fond of, and all of the range ammo I have has a warning on the box not to shoot it out of a Ported Barrel, so I bought the Alpha Wolf Barrel as a replacement.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Reason I'm interested is that I too have a M&P Shield, but in 9mm, & may be interested, in the future, in getting a threaded barrel for it. That is IF I ever get out to shoot it for the 1st time after having it for 2 years. Local indoor & outdoor ranges placed so many restrictions after the chinese flu that it was too much of a hassle to go shooting. Now they're easing up on those rules so I'm planning on going out this coming Tuesday to sling some lead. 👍

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Oil filter? Now, why would one want an oil filter on the end of a gun? Sounds like some kind of sketchy way to try and silence a gun.

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
There's more to this story than some dipwit (made up and used in deference to the ALL MIGHTY Ban Hammer) getting busted for trying to side step NFA'34. Ya'll did catch where he had multiple fake police ID's, too, right?

·
Registered
34 Posts
It's an Aftermarket Alpha Wolf Threaded Barrel from Lone Wolf Distributors. It cost me $99.95 because it was blemished, described as "lightly pitted" by Lone Wolf, but arrived in near flawless condition with a few mere freckles where some light pitting had been polished out, visible only under very bright light.

My M&P40 Shield is a Performance Center model that shipped with a Ported Barrel, which I was never really fond of, and all of the range ammo I have has a warning on the box not to shoot it out of a Ported Barrel, so I bought the Alpha Wolf Barrel as a replacement.
Ha. Did the same for my gen 2 glock 17c. Waaay too loud and started melting the silicone holding the tritium vial on the front sight. Put in a wolf barrel. Also since it has regular rifling i can now shoot lead. Haven't put on a linear though.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Linear compensators are practically the opposite of standard compensators or muzzle brakes because the ports are directed straight forward as opposed to straight down or diagonally backwards. This reduces the noise of a gunshot for the shooter because it's directed downrange.

·
Super Moderator
20,085 Posts
He should have checked with Biden . . .we had a bunch left over in Kabul. No badges but with the weapons layout you wouldn't need no stinking badges!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Oil filters are the new To Catch a Predator for the ATF.

Except... the bad guys, arrest the victim.
Anyone buying a Chinese oil filter is not a victim. They are a dumbass. Amazon sold them for a while to all the idiots trying to circumvent the ATF's NFA laws. I believe it is the ATF behind the sale of them. Learn the laws. If you know there is a tax save up and do it the right way. It's cheaper than hiring a lawyer and still doing time. Oh, did I mention the fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone buying a Chinese oil filter is not a victim. They are a dumbass. Amazon sold them for a while to all the idiots trying to circumvent the ATF's NFA laws. I believe it is the ATF behind the sale of them. Learn the laws. If you know there is a tax save up and do it the right way. It's cheaper than hiring a lawyer and still doing time. Oh, did I mention the fine.
Then that sounds a lot like entrapment, and anyone that can afford it and an attorney should specifically do this in order to sue the federal government for illegal sales, activities, and entrapment.

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
Then that sounds a lot like entrapment, and anyone that can afford it and an attorney should specifically do this in order to sue the federal government for illegal sales, activities, and entrapment.
Offering it for sale isn't entrapment. They are just fishing. If the fish doesn't take the bait being dangled in front of it, the it won't be hooked. That's why it's called, "fishing " instead of, "catching".

Offering it for sales and controlling the situation in such a way that the potential buyer feels obligated and pressured to complete the deal is entrapment.

If an ATF agent targeted and approached him, suggested it to him, brought it up repeatedly, took him to another ATF agent posing as the seller, talked about how good the deal was and pressured him to go through with it, then I can see it as entrapment since the ATF is the reason for the entire incident occurring.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Offering it for sale isn't entrapment. They are just fishing. If the fish doesn't take the bait being dangled in front of it, the it won't be hooked. That's why it's called, "fishing " instead of, "catching".

Offering it for sales and controlling the situation in such a way that the potential buyer feels obligated and pressured to complete the deal is entrapment.

If an ATF agent targeted and approached him, suggested it to him, brought it up repeatedly, took him to another ATF agent posing as the seller, talked about how good the deal was and pressured him to go through with it, then I can see it as entrapment since the ATF is the reason for the entire incident occurring.
And it's not like he bought just one. I wonder how much they already knew about the rest of the stuff like the fake ID's and just needed a good reason to get a search warrant.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts