Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back home from a trip to the local sporting goods store. I was on my daily quest for reloading supplies. I was in the parking lot putting my bag in the passensers back door of the truck. I hear sombody yelling and didn't understand or know that this loon was talking to me. What I was able to make out was something about being a gun wackko and the NRA and all its type need to be wiped off the face of the earth. I assume he saw my NRA stickers in the window of the truck. Now this caught me off gaurd a bit. I couldn't get my brain to right away grasp what he said. Then he started to move slowly twards me, I unziped what little was zipped on my jacket and got my hand on my 1911. Upon seeing this he didn't yell but said loudly "he has a gun". One guy in the lot heard this and stoped dead in his tracks. The wackko did back off and shut up, when he saw my hand go to my waistband, get in his minivan and leave. I gotta tell ya the adrelin was realy pumping, I just stood there for 15-20 seconds. The other guy in the lot shouted over to me to ask if I was OK. He walked over (with his jacket unzipped) I then reconized him from the range and vice versa. He said "your were almost ready to pull it wern't ya?" Yup. Then he said something that made me a bit calmer "I was too, I'd have had your back" I thanked him, got in the truck took the picture of my girlfriends grandaughter off the dash ( she is five and we are best buddies) gave it a kiss and went home. All I have to say is keep your eyes and ears open boys and girls, it isnt the same world we grew up in, but there are still some good guys and girls out there. Now I'm going to mix myself a drink or five.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Glad that it ended well and no one was hurt.

Where in Fargo was that?? :( I should avoid the place.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was at the Scheels on 45th Apparently the guy has never been upstairs.

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
Never had anything like that happen.I would say he is a mental defect or a dumb ass,or both.Thankfully someone in his state of mind does not WANT a gun.

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
And people wonder why we carry ! I'm glad that you didn't have to go through with it. I have had a couple of close calls before and it is not a good situation to be in. Anything could have happened if he would not have seen that you were carrying. Amazing how they back down when they see they do not have an easy target !

Reactions: 24/7 compact

·
Super Moderator
35,371 Posts
Hmm, things like that never happen around here. Heck, everyone's carryin'. :D

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
Robert A. Heinlein / "Beyond This Horizon" 1942

·
22,058 Posts
Most of the folks I know are pro 2nd. The ones that are not do not mention it around me.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I was leaving the place where I get my FFL transfers done carrying my Henry in its box and a guy walking to his car says "well at least it can't kill anyone in while its in the box"

I just look at him and say "and it can't kill anyone unless I take it out and make it"

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
No, I haven't, but in Texas, NRA stickers are on every 4th or 5th vehicle anyway. :) :D

I think these kinds are slowly filtering into the State. You see them on the evening news every so often. You know the ones: Ms. Handwringger Bedwetter Chickenlittle and her husband Gutless Nospine Chickenlittle fretting because someone turned up a small box of .22 LR somewhere on school property (probably in the glovebox of a car). Of course, the Chickenlittle's are wailing about their fear and their fear for their children being exposed to such "danger". This is the problem: hysterical fear-mongering by and unscrupulous media. It will come here someday soon, I think. Hopefully, we'll scare them away before they can get too good of a foothold.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
A gentle reminder to be aware. It's just not smart to hassle a guy who may have a gun. People must be a lot dumber than they used to be or there just so many more of them floating around.

·
Super Moderator
35,371 Posts
I sure hope we get open carry. :D They're working on it. Oh, it won't be like Arizona, will still have to have your CHL, but it'll be fun just to see people OCing. :D I still plan to conceal, but under a T with a .357 instead of in my pocket. I won't have to worry about "flashing. :D I have the feeling if there are lots of folks OCing, the airheads might just get used to it.

Reactions: TexasAviator

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Wow I am glad that everything turned out OK. I have not been threatened but the other day after I came back from Sante Fe to voice my opposition against the proposed gun ban, a co-worker asked me what I went there for and I told him. He immediately went into a tyrant about gun lovers need to stop yelling about the infringements and such, to which I politely told him that he has the right to think what he wants but when my rights are being infringed I will stand up and protect them. If he did not like that then he can put his Obama shirt back on and go down to the Democratic party office and volunteer to hand out freebies to the takers in the area. This shut him up pretty quickly.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I have not had any problems and I always wear something NRA, usually a hat to protect my shiny head.

I have heard of this stuff happening but not around here.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Did he have a blue tie on??? I have to say them gang members aren't to smart.

·
Registered
34,139 Posts
I can honestly say no one has ever given me any crap about guns or the NRA.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
To answer, no. My question, why would you reach into your waste band and thereby drawing attention to yourself and the fact you were armed over a one sided verbal confrontation? It's obvious this guy was a brick shy to open his mouth knowing full well you were most likely at the very least, a gun owner. Now if he started toward you menacing, that's a whole 'nuther kettle of fish but it sounds as if he was deliberately forcing your hand in an attempt to provoke you into doing something that you may well have gone to jail for. I'm just playing the devils advocate here. We have to know the law, well, when we opt to pack a firearm.

btw: I'm glad your ok and that everyone got to go home safe. I know things are a little different in ND, (my 2nd home) than they are here in PA. Most people recognize the NRA sticker as someone NOT to screw with around these parts.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts