Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new ( to me ) CYCLOPS

I'll try to get a better picture later and post it in the picture thread. And, of course, range reports will follow!!

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
357 Magnum. They were only made for a couple of years. I think they were dropped when Taurus bought them out. They got good reviews in American Rifleman ( 1997 I believe )

·
Super Moderator
35,214 Posts
It's basically a long barreled, ported 971 which is quite a nice gun. I remember seeing 'em in Shotgun News. The scope mount is cool. :D

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thats way cool 8) congrats!

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
8 3/8th inch barrel. They also made a six inch barreled version. When time allows, I'm going to take the pistol scope off of my Mosin 91/30 ( could never get the mount to stop shifting ) and put it on this puppy to see what she will do!!

·
Registered
545 Posts
I have a 671 2" barrel. I think this gun is every bit as good as Smith or Taurus maybe Better.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you don't mind, how much was it? I have never really cared to own anything with a barrel longer than 4" but after seeing that beautiful gun I want one now.Since it looks like a pretty heavy duty gun if I were able to find one I might have it rebored for .44.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
whoa, never seen one of those before.. sure is purdy.

looks like something outta a sci-fi movie.

so rossi use to make those?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Very nice, congrats! Look forward to seeing a range report. Do you plan on hunting with that bad boy?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dan31,
All in, I paid $430 ( it also came with scope - not pictured )

joe sixpack,

yep, Rossi made those.... might be a tad clearer to see the name in this photo:

I believe this gun did appear in a movie but not a sci-fi...... If I remember correctly, it was HARD RAIN

RabidDog,

Thanks!! Maybe Groundhogs....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Substantially wicked looking gun! Let us know if you hunt with it...

·
Super Moderator
21,609 Posts
love the barrel design :) great find

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Very nice find, indeed!

Congrats!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts