Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I had posted earlier must have screwed up
Anyway, found a used one in local Pawn shop about a month ago, it looks pretty decent...wheel, trigger, hammer overall condition seems sound enough! They were asking $350 plus tax " am down in Fla " but they knocked it down 299 this wk.
Gun has on one side of barrel some exterior dings all inside of muzzle looks a-ok etc Talked it down to $250 includes tax too.
I asked the Guy to give serial# to Taurus and try find out what year...He claimed couldn't get any info?
Gave him small cash deposit and can pick up Monday or back out long story
What do you think never brought from a pawn shop only LGS where they stand behind it etc
Thanks for your Help

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
36,963 Posts
Thought I had posted earlier must have screwed up
Anyway, found a used one in local Pawn shop about a month ago, it looks pretty decent...wheel, trigger, hammer overall condition seems sound enough! They were asking $350 plus tax " am down in Fla " but they knocked it down 299 this wk.
Gun has on one side of barrel some exterior dings all inside of muzzle looks a-ok etc Talked it down to $250 includes tax too.
I asked the Guy to give serial# to Taurus and try find out what year...He claimed couldn't get any info?
Gave him small cash deposit and can pick up Monday or back out long story
What do you think never brought from a pawn shop only LGS where they stand behind it etc
Thanks for your Help
I'd say you came out very well at $250.00.:D

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looked at cylinder seems ok no real movement, with trigger pulled hammer back, trigger pull seems stiff enough, can't push hammer forward with thumb, gun has been fired but all seems to be intact, grips are good but without firing her up who knows
thanks

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
36,963 Posts
Mine is the most accurate shooting revolver that I've ever owned. ;)

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Harry, it looks pretty decent not as nice probably as the one you posted! but I guess for $250 after shooting could always walk it into Taurus since I'm down here right now anyway.. does that sound like a good plan
Ps- I really like the look of the older 66 too, if it shoots anything like it feels in the ole Hand, I'm in Gun well you know where!

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Cajun Bass, will head over tomorrow to claim my prize!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah Nath Greene can't wait to own it..Thanks

·
Registered
528 Posts
The older 66's are nice, I have a hard time accepting the current. "Post panic" prices.....a year ago a used holster worn 66 was a $150 utility gun, but now $250 is an excellent price and you got s great deal. The equivalent pinned and recessed S&W Model 19 made in the early 80's in the same condition is easily a $700+ gun these days. If that 66 is tight and in time it's easily the equal of any S&W 19 as a shooter or defense gun.

·
Registered
81 Posts
It's not unusual for Taurus not to have the serial number for older revolvers in their database. I have the same Model 66 with the wood grips from 1978 (serial #400X). It seems their database only goes back to sometime in the early to mid 1980s. The main thing is all the positive comments here about the great feel and accuracy. Mine is my favorite to shoot at the range.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.