Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gave my PT-92 blued to my daughter for personal/home protection. The PT-92 is such a perfect pistol I knew it would serve her well with out as much as a hiccup. The slide works butter smooth with an easy pull, however when you pull it back and let it go the sound of the round being chambered is unmistakable. It sounds all business.

With in an hour of giving the 92 to her, I thought what did you just do!!! Oh yea, I was being a father and protecting my family. But, the thought of not having a 9mm PT 92/99 was more than I could comprehend. So a few phone calls, cruise the auction sites, cruise the internet and I found what I liked for a replacement.
I purchased via Gun Broker a NIB black and stainless two tone Pt-92. I gave $395 plus shipping, then of course there will be the FFL transfer fee of $20. I really like the looks of the two tone finish, it is darn near a perfect balance and yet doesn't come anywhere near setting off the Bling-O-Meter.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Oh, my goodness!

$395.00 for a duo tone PT92 is a great price...congrats!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Congrats on the new PT92 and props for looking after the family so well!!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
That really is a steal for such an excellent gun. Looks like you and your daughter both won today. Be sure to posts pics when it comes in.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Congrats on your new gun. You already know you're going to love it. My PT99 AFS is my favorite and most accurate gun. :guns:
DSC_0217.jpg

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I came real close to pulling the trigger on the Pt99 in blue. An excellent price of $379 with free delivery and no extra charge for using a credit card. I don't really care one way or the other as to if the sights are adjustable, but I did like the extra Bling of the two tone stainless and black. Maybe I should go ahead and order one of the Pt-99 anyway, at that price it is a bargain. I have a Pt-100 and a Pt-101P plus a Beretta 96 which are all .40 cal and the same basic gun...I maybe able to justify this if I keep thinking long enough!!!

Here is a link to the auction page of the Pt-92 I did purchase:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=269387913

·
Registered
306 Posts
Good on ya.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Looks awesome to be honest. I wonder if a regular PT99 can be made duo tone similar to yours by changing the slide. In other words I wonder if just the slide can be bought...
I don't think Taurus will sell the slides separately.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts