Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
32,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since Rossi is and has been a Taurus subsidiary, why not have a section for all the Rossi owners to discuss what is important to them? They have no place else on the internet to do this without the depredations of trolls and there ilk. Having a place here would bring in even more members. Rossi and Taurus owners have much in common. This also exposes us to each other's product and I have seen many questions and threads of Taurus or Rossi users asking about the other's brands at other forums. Since they are in the same boat as we, extending a hand of friendship and letting them have a haven of their own would benifit everyone greatly.

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
Does Rossie stick to handguns? Revolvers and semis I assume??

I'm not oppose to adding a forum. It keeps organization, but to much of a good thing isn't always good.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Rossi has made some kick butt rifles for a long time. Starting in the last 3-4 years, their handguns have been coming along fine since Taurus entered the picture.

·
32,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The above poster is correct. Rossi makes revolvers for the most part. In the last few years Rossi has been making single shot rifles and shotguns. They also have blackpowder riflles. Rossi offers combos of the above combining centerfire rifle with a matching barrel that can be used on the same frame by switching out the barrels. One can have two different caliber rifles or a rifle and shotgun combo. Might be a good idea for us moderators and interested people to download or request the newest catalogs for Rossi and Taurus so we have an idea of whence we speak. It would give us limited knowledge, but would be a start. I am familiar more with the revolvers than the combo rifle shotgun side of things. However,I do have some knowledge of the Rossi rifle line, limited as it is. I get wild ideas off the top of the head so if we do not do it I can understand where you are coming from on that. Making things more complicated than they are is never a good thing.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Maybe you can do it like one other forum I visit. They have a Kel tec forum, then when you access that it breaks it down into "child boards" for each separate model. Could do that in the Other Guns forum, have sub forums.
You can see the example here:

http://www.usrange.org/smf/index.php

I think they use the same basic format that we have here.

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
That is the same software used here. That's the 'Babylon' theme they are using as the default. I didn't like it cause the white at the top makes it look like it's not part of the same site.

I'm not against the new forum, I just wanted some more info on them before it was added.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts