Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So came across a used PT92 for a good price on another forum that I couldn't say no to. You know how it is :)

Here's a sellers pic, I should have it in over a week. There's no FFL here in Canada so it will be shipped to my door.

I'll ask for a serial number so I can find out what year it was made.

·
Premium Member
16,956 Posts
I have been thinkin I need one of those too, very nice...

1.1 USA.gif

·
Super Moderator
40,396 Posts
I like it, when I finish my family of PT-99's I might start a family of PT-92's.

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Beautiful. There is something about that photo, is looks like the pistol is in perfect condition. Yet, some thing about it, maybe it is the looks of the grain in the wood grips that says "antique or that it has a history to share" It is not an off the shelf new in box look, it makes a statement simply with it's presence.
Let us know how it shoots and the personality it shares.

·
Registered
43 Posts
You will love it!

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Congrats, I have a 1990 PT99 and it still shoots like new. I love my PT99 and will not get rid of it. Enjoy it often and post a range report when you get to take it out.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just got a new PT92 stainless last week. Have only put about 50 rounds through it, but WOW, is it a great gun. Easily my favorite handgun. You will LOVE the piece. Enjoy.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
So came across a used PT92 for a good price on another forum that I couldn't say no to. You know how it is :)
Congrats on a really nice find! :thumb:

The PT92 is one of the finest handguns made by Taurus, in my humble opinion. I'm sure you will really be pleased with it.:cool:

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Congratulations on the acquisition of your new-to-you PT92!! Mine is a blued model that's about 5 or 6 years old now and I just had it out the other day running 115 gr. Blazer aluminum through it. They not only eat about everything you feed them but are very accurate too. Going to keep the original grips or think you may replace them?

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks, I'm no stranger to 92's tho (both Taurus and Beretta), been shooting them for years ;)

Going to keep the original grips or think you may replace them?
If they feel too big, I'll see if anyone wants to trade them for plastic ones.

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Thanks, I'm no stranger to 92's tho (both Taurus and Beretta), been shooting them for years ;)

If they feel too big, I'll see if anyone wants to trade them for plastic ones.
DON'T TRADE THEM....if they feel too large for your hands shoot me an PM and I will send you a pair of Taurus factory plastic grips to put on it. Or if you don't want factory grips, check Ebay for something a little different.
But, keep those wood grips with the gun, even if it is just tucked away in the box. Those grips are part of that guns personality.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Tha's a beautiful 92, Wolf! Nice acquisition. I personally believe that the more "classic" versions are actually nicer than the newer ones. I have handled the new PT100s lately, and I don't like them as much as the one I had nearly twenty years ago.

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
Looks great.. you will love it!

·
Administrator
17,592 Posts
Congratulations! :cool: Looks like it's in very good shape.

Just looked it up it was made in 1992. Looks pretty good for a 20 year old gun!
That's about when mine was made. Bought mine, new, in July 1992.

Note, my original Cocobolo Wood Grips are in storage.
Rear Sight replaced with Ghost Ring Sight.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
29,845 Posts
Kanada sure has some strange gun laws. :)

You "can" buy a rifle with an 11" barrel without gov'mint fees or paperwork, but "not" buy a 30 round magazine.

You "can" have a gun shipped to your house but "not" carry one concealed.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts