Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else purchased the Hatfield 12 gauge single shot shot gun from Wallymart for 99.95? I just got mine the other day. Kinda reminds me of the old New England firearms company singles they used to sell. It does not have a choke and does not have a necked down barrel, straight barrel all the way. It also folds in have for a behind the seat gun or backpack. Just checking mine seems to be a damn fine scatter gun for under 100 bucks.

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
Huh. First I've heard of it. Reminds me of the old Beretta Companion. Youtube reviews say it's got a modified choke...?

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
I'd never trust a Hatfield. Nope, only a real McCoy for me....LOL
Sorry, couldn't resist!
Send us a range / clays report. I could always use another shotgun. :)

Reactions: TexasAviator

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
From what I'm reading, they sound Turkish. Turkey has made some fine shotguns recently. I bought one of my sons a PA-Turkish, Weatherby, and the other a SA Tristar both in 20ga for squirrels. I am sad to say that I would put either one of them up agaist my Remington 870 in a minute. :( The SA & DA do require some breaking in, but that is normal.

I can't find any images of the Hatfields, so post some if you get a chance. Over 40 years of hard use, my Break-Action single is ready for a wall mount. I wouldn't mind, picking up a Turkish made BA if they make it in 20ga.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I have a single shot 12 gauge and an 870 equipped with 18.5" rem choke barrel and adjustable iron sights. 870 is used for turkey hunting and buckshot /slug applications. The old H&R does everything else.

Single shot is the ultimate budget gun. Never shot one that didn't work. They are nice to carry and I like the balance better than a pump as well. Every shooter and hunter should have a 12 gauge single shot. They are cheap and available everywhere.

·
Premium Member
11,232 Posts
Every shooter and hunter should have a 12 gauge single shot. They are cheap and available everywhere.
I'm not really a shotgun guy, but I have to agree with you on that one. I've got a single shot "Foremost" that I've shot maybe 10 times in the 40 years that I've had it. The only shot I remember was when I took a rabbit with it, when my brothers and I were camping out on our aunt and uncles farm. That's what we had for breakfast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts