Taurus Firearm Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
32,737 Posts
Naw,Wisconsin is cool, but cold? Could be. If you want cold Montana has it all. Try a dip in Glacier National Park lakes where it is allowed. Body parts shrink so bad one has to have a magnifying glass to find them. Pure glacier water. Took a dip in St. Mary's Lake. Hasn't gotten anywhere near luke warm and don't ask who Luke is. :) Penguins and polar bears would be complaining about the cold and wearing rubber insulated diving suits just to cope with the temperatures. Took pictures in early June of 5 to 6 foot high snowdrifts that were still all over the park. And the severe thunderstorms were all the rage too, when last visited there awhile back. Had a freak wind storm miss me and the misses, by only a mile in a drive back form the park. Oh, and in Minnesota the cow chips are used for the bullet backstops. Be nice to me fellas. Or a box containing 10 week old Blue cheese will arrive in July or August via 3rd class mail. :) :D Had to start something, but then you folks already have. ;D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Everything Qwiks draw said is true about just how cold the water is... heck the fish beg to be taken home to hot pan ;D ;D

I can tell this place is gonna be a hoot ::)

·
Registered
790 Posts
Try Lake Superior for a swim sometime. The water warms up to 45 degrees in July. Are we getting off topic here?

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Nope, we're discussing what Taurus revolvers hate being shot towards. :shooter:

Steelheart

·
Registered
7 Posts
I never met a Taurus I didn't like. Can't say the same for Sniff & Wishin', though. Nothing against Sniffs, I own a couple, but they certainly aren't the "be all, end all" guns that Smith junkies would have you believe. The same attitude seems to be shared by many Glock owners when it comes to tupperware bottom feeders. I don't own any Glucks, er, Blocks, um, I mean Glocks, they just don't fit well for me. See, we can bash, too. Now don't anybody say anything bad about Rugers, ' cause them are fightin' words! Peace and God bless, Wolfsong.

·
Super Moderator
35,457 Posts
Main reason I only own one Smith and Wesson is the price of 'em. I have an old M10 I inherited. I just feel that Taurus offers the same variety and similar quality for a lot less money. And, the ones I have are danged accurate. That alone enamors me.

I like Rugers, too, but they have danged little to choose from in the self defense/CCW guns, just the SP101, love it or leave it. LOL Sturdy, accurate little brick, but heavy and IWB only. I had a P95, wasn't much easier to carry than my P90, and it had the 10 round mags. It shot great, but I couldn't get 15 round mags for it and couldn't see carrying it with 10 rounders when my Kel Tec held the same capacity, 14 ounces unloaded, and fits in a pocket. So, I traded the P95 for my Taurus M85UL. I bought a P85 from a friend with two pre-ban mags. I got three pro mags for it that work fine in it, too. Actually, I bought the Pro-Mags for the P95 only to find they wouldn't work 100 percent in that gun, some difference in P95 and P85 mags, look similar, but don't interchange. Anyway, I couldn't refuse the P85 for 200 bucks. But, when it comes down to it, I occasionally carry my P90 in a Milt Sparks summer special, but Ruger just doesn't offer a real CCW type weapon. They never got on the CCW band wagon for some reason. The SP101 is it. Well, it's a nice little gun, but only about 5 ounces lighter than my medium frame Taurus 3" M66 and it's a six shot gun. It's about as easy to carry as the SP101 and has the adjustable sights I wanted! I own two Blackhawks, two P guns, one 10/22, and a Ruger Old Army cap and ball, but none of 'em are ideal for concealment. My Blackhawks are outdoor guns, my P90 is simply amazing, target accurate, and I shoot it in competition, the P85 is a range gun. For CCW, Taurus has ya covered with just as much variety as Smith and Wesson and at a lot more reasonable pricing.

·
Registered
110 Posts
20 years ago I bought my Taurus model 66. Still have it, because it is without a doubt the most accurate gun I own. Can't even guess how many thousand rounds have been through it. And it STILL is my most accurate gun. I loveTaurus bashers.........for me to poop on. ;D

·
Super Moderator
35,457 Posts
Well, if they ever outlaw everything, but black powder, I'll be buying me a duster. :D That Old Army is pretty amazing, will out shoot a LOT of cartridge guns and it's pretty danged powerful, too. It's cheap to shoot and strong as an ox. I like shooting BP, cast my own bullets, pyrodex is cheap, can even make my own percussion caps that work better than store bought!

·
Registered
25 Posts
its like the Chevy guys that think fords suck or mopar...Etc without ever owing or driving the other brand that they bash. You get the die-hard smith guys who think that S&W is the best made and Bash the other brands.They base their negitive opinions on What they have heard and probably never have owned a Taurus product. I own several Taurus products and plan on owning several more. I have not ever had or heard of any problems with the Raging bull in .500 Smith. I have heard alot of problems with Smiths 500....LOL

21 - 30 of 30 Posts