Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today we had our fun day out at the farm shooting, there were about 7 pistols and close to 10 long guns. We had a great time and shot many rounds. After we got home I layed out my cleaning supplies and got to cleaning. Grabbed the G2 and tried to take the slide off and get at it, well the take down lever would not go down and release the slide. I tried with all my strength to hold the slide back and push the take down lever down, nada.Had the wife help hold,nothing happened, so I figured I must be doing something wrong or not seeing it..

So I put it aside and grabbed the 740, broke that down and cleaned it good. All put back together and oiled. Thought "well that went as expected". So I tried the G2 again. Still could not get it, boy was I getting ticked off now. So set it aside the second time. Picked up my new Walther P22,broke down and cleaned her up good. Really like the P22 so fun and cheap,anyways.. back to the story.

So now I have no choice but to figure out the G2's problem, I get out the flashlight shine it in every nook and creavis, dont see anything out of place. Just could not understand what the heck. My fingers were sore by this time and I was using a couple wooden ice cream spoons to push the take down levers. Still no dice. Well I look good and close with the flashlight one last time, figure with 180 lumens I should be able to either blind myself or see my error. Well look into the take down lever and see the spring all cocked out of place. I mean this spring was not vertical but had a 90 degree bend in it facing toward the rear of the gun. I used a toothpick and go the spring corrected in a few seconds. Thinking to myself " this has to be it" I grabbed the slide slid it back a hair and BAM the slide came forward and it was off. I was so happy that I was able to figure it out. Now its clean and put away.

So I dont know how the heck it got like that. If worked flawless today, and had meny compliments on it. I guess I just wanted to let others know what happened and see if anybody else has had this happen. Sorry it turned into a long post, but it was a great day.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I have not encountered this issue. When I cleaned mine the other day everything came apart like it was supposed to. When I went to put it back together, the slide would not go all the way back and lock on the frame. I tried several times and was starting to get frustrated. So I took a break and came back to it, same thing, nothing looked out of place and I was stumped. I then just inserted an empty magazine and heard a click.

I removed the magazine and everything went together just fine. I am not sure what the issue was as I took it apart several times after that and it has assembled correctly each time afterwards. If anyone has observed this and know what the "click" I heard when inserting the magazine was, please let me know so what to look for if this happens again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts