Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a very competent security program: Comodo Internet Security. I may have been attacked by malware while logging in here. I am not sure if it is this site but I thought I would mention it. Maybe you-all can check your server and make sure site is OK. I could also be my provider (cloud network) however it only happens when I log in here.

3/11/12 [email protected]

3/14/12 [email protected]

Just an FYI

Thanks Adeste

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
nNnNNnnoooooooooooooo PPrrroooobbbbbbbbbblllelellmmmmmmmm HhHhHhHhhHhhEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

·
Super Moderator
40,495 Posts
I got a hit from I beleive one of the banner ad's two days ago. I did not think to record the information or post it here. I will have to try and remember what computer I was using and check the log.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
I have noticed that Symantec Endpoint Protection occasionally pops up a notice that traffic has been blocked from taurusarmed.net and the page does not load.
It may be related to the ads I don't see due to AdBlock in Firefox.
If I close the browser and try again it loads.

·
Registered
34,137 Posts
We've had a number of inquiries about this. We are looking into it and are trying to find the source of the problem. It doesn't appear to be within the regular content on the forum, but may come from a banner ad? Were still looking.

·
Super Moderator
40,495 Posts
Here is more information on the attack I had:

Exploit:JS/Blacole.CZ
file:C:\Documents and Settings\Tony\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\WJN6ICK4\google[1].htm
Threat: Severe - 03/12/2012 5:29 PM - file deleted

·
Registered
612 Posts
what about that new google tracker crap. ?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Avast has picked up malware and a trojan when I tried to view several Youtube videos linked from here. Sorry I don't remember which ones. Only problem that I have had so far.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Holy Cow!
I fired up Internet Exploder and went to the main page to see if Symantec would trigger on anything. Nope.
Ads all over the place!
Even if it did trigger I wouldn't know which one.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
I'm using a 6 year old Mac, have never had a problem with this site.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
I just got a hit and checked the log.

3/15/2012 10:31:24 AM Blocked 3 Outgoing TCP ff23.forumfoundry.com [206.127.24.26] 00-0C-41-D3-05-67 80 192.168.1.100 E0-CB-4E-FC-F4-AA 2869 C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe Administrator GWK2010 Default 3 3/15/2012 10:30:52 AM 3/15/2012 10:31:02 AM Block SSDP

It says "outgoing", so for some reason Firefox tried to contact that site and was blocked.

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
Must be from the ads by Google, i never notice a problem but i'm usually using my phone on here. I could see it happening frequently in IE and FireFox, since they are the 2 most popular browsers. I use Chrome at home and luckily they haven't started exploiting that as of yet.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I haven't had any problems yet. I use Avast, and it seems to work okay. But thanks mods for looking into the situation....

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
No problem here other than an occasional refusal by the thread to go to page three or beyond.
I use AVG and it hasn't sounded an alarm.
Maybe 'cause I don't go to the banner ads.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The most memorable one was a few days ago, a bogus Internet security program tried to download itself. I had not clicked on it however my courser must have passed over it as it flashed and that's all it took. I would tend to agree most likely pop ups.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Update: I did receive my first maleware warning while surfing threads this morning. Perhaps someone is attacking the sight....

·
Administrator
17,799 Posts
Update: I did receive my first maleware warning while surfing threads this morning. Perhaps someone is attacking the sight....
Hmmm? Rabid Anti-Gun Hacker?

Have been getting threat block warnings from AVG here almost every evening on a regular basis for the last two weeks.

Current System- Windows 7, AVG, Mozilla Firefox browser

Have thought about partitioning my Hard Drive and going back to Fedora 16 Linux just for grins.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts