Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sent my PT-945 back to Taurus in March because of a issue with the extractor (i.e. not extracting). Spoke with them on May 20th still waiting on a part. Was going to purchase a new 44mag at the next gun show but wondering now. Every time I've had a problem with a S&W they send a call tag and I have it back within 14 days.

·
Administrator
35,632 Posts
Boy - thats not the story I've heard from S&W backers.....anyhow, when did you first send in your PT945.....you said you called on 5/20. Typical turnaround time, from what I've read, is 5-8 weeks. Considering it's a lifetime warranty, and won't cost you a dime other than shipping, thats really not too bad at all.

Welcome to the forum, by the way.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I sent my S&W Model 10 in for service and had it back in my hands in less than 2 weeks. My only experience with Taurus warranty was to replace a missing fiber optic sight on my 444UL. Turnaround time for that was almost 6 weeks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Had the unfortunate opportunity to send both a S&W and Taurus revolver back for firing pin replacement - 10 days free shipping with S&W, 2 months plus shipping for Taurus. The issue is not the quality of service, they do fix it right, it is the length of time out of operation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts