Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With ammunition of all calibers getting hard to find and prices getting higher I was just wondering how many of you who don't have reloading equipment were cutting back on their shooting. To be honest, I haven't spent hardly any time recently shooting anything outside of my hunting rifles to sight them in and my .22. Ammo prices are sky high and outside of a couple of calibers I just do not want to burn up my spare ammunition and have to pay the prices we are seeing now to restock.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Nope

Reactions: ncfarmer

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Not generally. Lack of guns has curtailed my shooting. I had to sell almost all of them to buy my little piece of heaven out in the sticks. Now I have my own private outdoor range but very little guns to shoot on it. :(
Of course I still have the PT-111 G2 and my shooting of it is curtailed a little.It's not just not wanting to use up all my 9mm ammo (because I can't find any for sale locally) but also it's cold out. With a private range though I don't need to shoot 50-100 rds or more at a time, I can shoot less rds more often, spread the practice out. I find it's just as effective in keeping my skills up as blasting a large # of rds with less sessions.

·
Super Moderator
36,055 Posts
I've been working which has slowed my range activity and have ample finished rounds of all calibers and components to replace them when they are fired. I do need to rectify that and get out and shoot. I was talking with my mechanic the other day and he is down to a couple of boxes on ammo. That is a sad state of affairs.

Reactions: kmw1954 and jwc007

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have cut back on center fire ammo shooting because of lack of primers. Most of my shooting lately has been with shotguns and clay pigeons. Still great fun. I still have some primers but not sure I have enough for a long, long dry spell, so I am being conservative with them.

Reactions: jwc007

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Yes, I haven't been in a few weeks and probably won't make it now for awhile.
I can't replace it easily at a reasonable cost, plus work and weather have curtailed it as well.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I shoot at an outdoor range so winter weather keeps me home this time of year anyway. But, the last few weeks, I did visit less often because of the lack of ammo around here.

·
Super Moderator
35,081 Posts
Nope. Been shooting mostly rimfire and some handloads I loaded a while back when I felt like it. The rimfire is left over from stash I put away during the Obama drought.

·
Administrator
39,728 Posts
No. I had good stock before the shortages started. I also continue reloading. Fortunately a guy from church brought me some 45acp today, he has no use for. I’m guessing between 75 and 100 rounds. Haven’t counted them up yet.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
The ammo shortage hasnt limited my shooting but the possible civil unrest has. If I shot every week I have several years of ammo

·
Registered
36,319 Posts
yea thats it put it in rows, long-long rows on top of the glass coffee table and then hand me that rolled up 20 dollar bill---sniff--sniff-sniff!
oh and to answer the question--NOPE ain't change doing any of my habits!!!---GriiiN.
64803986.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
With ammunition of all calibers getting hard to find and prices getting higher I was just wondering how many of you who don't have reloading equipment were cutting back on their shooting. To be honest, I haven't spent hardly any time recently shooting anything outside of my hunting rifles to sight them in and my .22. Ammo prices are sky high and outside of a couple of calibers I just do not want to burn up my spare ammunition and have to pay the prices we are seeing now to restock.

I think most of us have had to cut back more than we would like, so,
Maybe it's time to consider reloading all that centerfire brass you have under the workbench.
Even with component prices what they are, it is still worth it to have good ammo at the ready.
And you won't have to drive all over town looking for it.
Rim fire ammo?
That's for another story...

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
The ammo shortage hasnt limited my shooting but the possible civil unrest has. If I shot every week I have several years of ammo
How does civil unrest limit your shooting if you have plenty of ammunition?

Don

1 - 20 of 54 Posts