Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a restaurant in Eagle Lake that had a "masks required" sign on the door. Now it says "masks no longer required". Maybe it's just Colorado county?

Sure was nice not wearing that thing in. It was enough to give Lena Hidalgo (Harris county's little Hitler) an ulcer.

·
Administrator
35,161 Posts
I'm guessing that each county mandates what the rules are. Dallas county is pretty anal about it, while Collin county, not so much. Most people are wearing masks though, from what I've seen.

·
Super Moderator
35,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well, Colorado county is pretty rural and very conservative and freedom loving. It's one of the reasons why we moved here 8 years ago from Corpus. I'll have to see if the mask order is being enforced at other restaurants in the county.

They really should tell us these things. They might have, but I don't listen to local radio nor do I read the local paper very often. Guess I could go to the paper's web site. I'm just guessing they'd have one. 🤣

Reactions: CaptainMorgan

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I’m in Coryell County, Texas. The mask 😷 rules are not enforced here. In HEB or Walmart fully 25% of the people don’t wear a mask 😷.

I do when I am off of the ranch in town. We have a lot of COVID-19 cases here especially with the prisons here.

I think that wearing a mask 😷 works. With 25% of the people not wearing them, COVID-19 is spreading in Central Texas.

·
Super Moderator
17,618 Posts
Well, Colorado county is pretty rural and very conservative and freedom loving. It's one of the reasons why we moved here 8 years ago from Corpus. I'll have to see if the mask order is being enforced at other restaurants in the county.

They really should tell us these things. They might have, but I don't listen to local radio nor do I read the local paper very often. Guess I could go to the paper's web site. I'm just guessing they'd have one. 🤣
I'm right next door in Fayette County which is all that...and maybe more. I see signs requiring them but compliance and enforcement are lackadaisical. Pretty much just Walmart and the HEB is the only places you see widespread compliance.

·
Super Moderator
35,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I kinda fail to see the point of wearing one in the restaurant, then taking it off to eat, but I do it when it's the rule. I'm just glad we can have restaurants which serve inside. Eating out is about all we get out for entertainment. :D

·
Registered
117 Posts
Same inconsistencies here in Taylor County. Fair compliance here in the county seat in most businesses, including grocery stores, restaurants, Walmart and Sam's, but zero enforcement observed in those establishments. Home centers seem the worst for mask wearing customers. Only a few wearing masks in the smaller towns and rural areas from what I've seen.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Most places here (Ector and Midland Counties) have signs, but they are not enforced. I see about 20-30% of folks that do not wear them. Many of those who do are not wearing them properly, leaving the nose exposed. That is probably part of the reason we have experienced a major surge in cases in both counties recently. Ector County has even requested a mobile morgue truck as they have run out of room for bodies awaiting autopsy. That's some scary stuff right there.

Midland city council considered an ordinance to require masks this week, but it was voted down 6-1. My employer requires them, so I wear one whenever I'm inside other than at home. I do not wear one outside, though.

My gun club recently sent out an email requiring masks inside the clubhouse but not outside on the ranges. I think that's reasonable and probably helpful. I'd be considered an extreme right winger, but I am NOT an anti-masker. Most studies show that they do help.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Well, I kinda fail to see the point of wearing one in the restaurant, then taking it off to eat, but I do it when it's the rule. I'm just glad we can have restaurants which serve inside. Eating out is about all we get out for entertainment. :D
Duration of exposure to an infectious dose matters. If you're wearing a mask for half the time you're sitting in the restaurant, you've cut the duration of exposure to an infectious dose.

Of course, there are lots and lots of variables involved. It's like playing poker.

·
Registered
29,757 Posts
I wish that was the case in Tarrant County. I also thought it was a King Abbot royal decree or something as well.

Reactions: NativeTexan

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm in Denton county. We're still wearing masks here, everywhere except church. The gym I go to didn't require masks if we're using the treadmill. As of last Monday now they do. A mask on a treadmill feels like being at 14,000 feet. Can't breath. Not a problem doing weights with it.

·
Registered
31,743 Posts
The mask rules and occupancy rules apply in any county where the hospital or hospitals have a ratio of 15% or higher amount of beds available filled with covid patients for over 7 days. I can imagine a lot of low population counties in Texas where the rates are very low and the county is exempt.

·
Super Moderator
35,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Last I heard, our county had 9 cases total. Two were hospitalized. The rest weren't sick, just testing positive in quarantine.

·
Super Moderator
35,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ya know, I10 runs ight through here from Houston to San Antonio. But, unless you're hungry or need gas, ain't a whole lotta reason to stop, 🤣

1 - 15 of 15 Posts