Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would hate to think that my favorite revolver is an orphan, but from what I have read on other gun sites and the Taurus websites info it doesn't look good. I guess my complaint with Taurus is that they never come out and say that they are discontinuing a gun until long after the fact. I really wanted to get a Thunderbolt in .357, between the Taurus website and my local gun shops they could never tell me when and where I could buy one. If my Gaucho is an orphan I would be lucky to get 35% of what I payed for it. Some of the online liquidation houses are selling it for $150.00 less than what I payed for it. If some of you think I am a troll because of my just joining this forum, I have the same user name on all the forums I join. I am on THR, TFl, CAS, Leverguns.com and here.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Taurus makes a LOT of handgun, I guess if a model doesn't selling as well as they hoped they stop producing it...

about the $150 less...are you sure that has anything to do with it being discontinued? Prices vary quite a bit on the internet, if anything the fact that it is discontinued should ad it more value.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Gaucho ******,...
It took 14 years before my .45 cal. doubled in Value, and that was because it was Discontinued... Sooooo,... Hang in there, there will be a Limited supply out there Now...<:)) You may have paid to much when you bought it New, that will take extra years in the Vault to correct that problem...<:-((

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
My advice to anyone who is investing in firearms thinking they will go up in value is don't. Don't buy a gun because you are speculating that the price will go up, buy a gun because you like to use it. My dad's safe is full of commemorative garbage that he picks up for a song because people bought them on the assumption the price is going to go up and all they did was become worthless. I bought a smith model 29 in 1997 at the gun show for 240 bucks because I thought it was a good deal and I wanted to shoot it, I had no intention of speculation and I tripled my money. You never know what the market will be like for the guns you own. So if you are a collector, great, collect guns, but don't expect your collection will pad your retirement. The days guns going up in price exponentially are over, in fact if you are lucky, the price of them won't come down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts