Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had many Taurus .38 revolvers over the years, and even a .357 Rossi, all snubbies. I'm currently using (carrying) a 850 CIA but I fell in love with the 24/7 Pro pistols. I picked up a brand new 24/7 Pro C Compact 9mm today, and I love it. I have not shot it yet though. Has anyone else ever made the switch from the classic and reliable snubbie to this family of pistols. If so what are the pros and cons you've noticed?

Ability to not have that live round sitting in my pants.
Price and capacity of ammo.
Further distance, and sites.

Dislikes:
Size compared to snubbie. (I can't find a really comfortable place to wear this on the inside yet.)

·
Registered
124 Posts
One comment, though maybe out of the question in the 24/7 forum - but if you like the look and feel of the 24/7, look at the Millenium Pro line as well. They are very compact, and great for carry. I opted for the 9mm Mil Pro over the 24/7 .45 because of the $100 price difference, ammo prices, aswell as when I get my CPL/CCW I will have a (time will tell) reliable, compact pistol for concealed carry.

I'm going looking for a 24/7 .45 this weekend at a gun show, see if I can't find a good used one more in my price range :)

·
Registered
878 Posts
I"ve transitioned over from revolvers to autos and after a 12 step program I'm not ashamed to admit it. The extra capacity just drove me to it. I now carry a Taurus Pt111mp on the hip either IWB or OWB, but mostly now a Keltec P3at which has won out over a Taurus 605ss in the pocket. I find them much easier to carry.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
With one exception, THE JUDGE, I find the small pistols or revolvers the way for me. Whether I am carrying concealed or just out to plink a little bit.

I at this time could not pick one over the other. I find I am a better shot so far with a revolver, that is shorter than my PT111 Pro. Go figure!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts