Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was browsing the Taurus Catalog the other day and noticed the listing of a new line: DT Hybrid 2011 series in 9 mm & 40 S&W. Bud's Gun Shop has them listed for just over $400 but not in stock. Has anyone seen one or handled one? It looks like a cross between the 700, 800 and Millennium Pro Series. It looks like it might be an outstanding pistol.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
No, I've not seen them in any stores yet...but am keeping my eye peeled.

I like the looks of that new "Integral" pistol, too.

And...the Taurus carbine....and....:)

Reactions: Taurus_9mm

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So many Tauri, so little time. :(

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
Saw one at the NRA show last year, but it couldn't be touched given it's positioning. Hopefully by summer they'll be in dealers hands.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news... There was a post on here somewhere that listed all the cancelled products and the DT 2011 was on the list. Of course, I can't find it now to post the link. Hopefully they'll try again for 2012.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Taurus markets an almost a bewildering variety of handguns; many seem to overlap in market space. Hard to keep track of all the model numbers. I think it is great to have a lot of choices but would like to see a better write up in their catalog as far as model diferentiation. The current catalog requires you pages through almost 50 pages of pictures and very high level descriptions to get to model specs and unless you write the specific models down, it is very hard to remember which ones you want to compare. Just an observation.

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
There's a good chance they'll use what the learned with it I a G3 type of model line.

·
Premium Member
10,984 Posts
The DT and the Integral are both listed in the 2012 catalog, but damned if I know why. Are they supposed to replace the MilPro, or the 709? I don't really see an advantage to either of the "new" models over the existing ones. Is the combination of polymer and steel frame supposed to be better than just a polymer or steel frame. Some of the features such as the interchangeble grips, and "glock style" disassembly might make a more logical addition to "Gen 4" MilPro than to a completely new line that we may never see.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts