Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have both a G2 in 40 and one in 9mm.
The 9mm is very smooth and nice on the trigger, the 40 is rough and a hard trigger.
Looking down inside the frame, it looks very dirty. I have tried gun scrubber and q-tips along with probes to clean as best I can.
I would like to take the frame apart and clean it very well.
I was wondering if anyone has taken one apart and if they might have some advice on doing it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I have not disassembled my frame yet, maybe someone else who has will come along with some advice.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lv2tinker,
Thanks for that link.
I have taken that style apart. The G2 is a bit different. It has a couple more pins and due to the trigger style, it has some springs associated with the trigger assembly.
I a pretty sure I can do it, but was looking for some help.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you look at what's happening as you pull the trigger, the part of the trigger bar that's 90 degrees from the length of the frame is pulling back the striker as it is pushed down until it disengages from the striker at which point the gun fires. The only difference between da and sa is the distance that the striker is pulled back and how far the trigger bar has to be pushed down before it disengages the striker. My G2 in .45acp upon close inspection, has machining marks on the lug of the striker the the trigger bar had to slide down before it fired. It was like dragging something sideways across a plowed field. I removed the striker and used a fine diamond knife sharpener to polish all of the machine marks out of the striker surface. This made a HUGE difference in the smoothness of the trigger. I had several other things I wanted to do that would have made a big difference but Taurus in their infinite wisdom will not sell ANY internal parts. I got pissed, sold it today after buying an FNP 45 which I LOVE. I still have my PT740 Slim which I do like. It has a real sear instead of that funky trigger bar/sear setup on the 24/7 G2.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Does anyone have (or have you seen) instructions for a complete teardown of a 24/7 G2? I have seen a couple of other posts here asking, but nobody seems to have one. I am a little skittish about tearing it down without having a way to get it back together.

·
Registered
36 Posts
wiki, im with you on this gonna order one tomorrow in compact 45... and would love to tear it down n get all the gunk out of it before i take it to the range... i keep seeing on here how a good detailed cleaning improves the trigger pull some so ill also be looking for this

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm wanting to do a "25 cent trigger job" like I did on my Glock 22, it really needs it,
but I'm reluctant to start pushing pins without having a good guide.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts