Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was offered to buy a used stainless PT99 in my local gun shop. The gun looks really good and I heard good reviews on this gun. The only thing held me back is that my smallish hand doesn't feel comfortable with the rather thick grip. I can pull the trigger fine, but mag release and the safety are difficult to reach. Do all the 9xx series pistols have the same thick grip? I can't quite find that information from Taurus website. Sorry if the question has been asked before. Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
The PT945 and PT38S have thinner grips but are a tad bit longer measuring from mag release to the backstrap area. The PT908 would probably be your best bet if you can find one.

·
Registered
24,615 Posts
Can't answer your question but I will say Welcome to TA from Minnesota.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was looking at pictures of PT911. Appear that it has more a straight back on the grip, contrast to a more humped back on PT92/99. Is it just my optical illusion? Does that make pt911 a smaller and easier grip similar to Beretta vertec?

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
I was looking at pictures of PT911. Appear that it has more a straight back on the grip, contrast to a more humped back on PT92/99. Is it just my optical illusion? Does that make pt911 a smaller and easier grip similar to Beretta vertec?
It is straight backed and shorter than the 92, but it is just as fat.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. Will probably end up joining the fruitless search for thinner grips for PT92/99.

·
Registered
36,332 Posts
sounds like the need for a single line 9 MM or a 9 MM that has a changeable back strap.

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Stick with the PT92/99, and flip the mag release to the other side of the gun.
I use my middle finger to pop the mag release on larger guns, feels better to me to have more of a grip on the gun that way.

As for the safety, maybe try a higher grip? I can't imagine any hand not being able to flick the Taurus 92 safety.

As for the Vertec, that would be the PT911 basically

1 - 12 of 12 Posts