Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went and did it today and purcased a 1911 mil-spec springfield 45 cal.seem the decision was tuff to make due only reason was I also held a real nice taurus 1911 side by side.The Taurus was super nice and tight as a drum had a lot of extra options ,seem it was the best one I seen so far on display.
The SA had the upgraded barrel and bushing up graded sights and like the dealer said the warranty it the best there is no questions asked don't even has to pay the shipping springfield takes care of it all the way..
The price was $599.00 for the SA and the taurus was $615.00 just could not see spending the extra $$ bucks for the taurus,hope I made the right choice

·
Super Moderator
34,949 Posts
Good luck. My luck with 1911s wasn't great, but then I had a Auto Ordinance and an AMT Hardballer. After fixing them, they worked with ball. Feed ramp job on the AO and the extractor wasn't properly fitted in the Hardballer. I had the Hardballer's feed ramp polished and ported, too, to no avail. It still lived up to its name. Got a Ruger P90 and had no more 1911 nightmares. LOL

I'm sure the Springfield is a good gun. After all, of the affordable brands, Springfield has survived and thrived. And, you can't argue with their warranty. I've heard good things about their customer service, too. The Taurus is a good gun for the money, too, from what I've been hearing, lots of goodies on it and, like you say, it's a tight gun, should shoot well.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Interesting... according the SA warranty statement... the warranty covers the life of the purchaser... a used SA has no warranty. SA doesn't state shipping responsibilities, however Kimber is the same as Taurus.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Well, you can always get the PT1911 next. :D

And ditto what Drewbacca said -- PT1911s in my neck of the woods run around $500.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts