Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok that was cheesy, I know! LoL I am officially one of the cool kids and a member of the black rifle club. I was determined to finally buy an AR15 this year and with prices dropping like they have I felt the time was right.

I was browsing gunbroker last week and ran across this NIB CMMG MK-4 for only $529. It came with 1 Pmag and Magpul flip up rear sight. After shipping, transfer and the credit card fee I'm out $607 total. While waiting for the rifle to ship I was looking for a couple of extra mags on GunBroker when I found an auction for 9 used 30 round mags (6 were Colt) and a Mag coupler for $50 Buy Now with $8 shipping. While telling a few guys at work about the deal one of them asked if I wanted a couple of mags. He's in the Army National Guard and gave me three mags from his gear.

So, for a grand total of $665 I got a great rifle and 13 mags. I plan to shoot it tomorrow and will update with a range report.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
'Tis the season!!! :D

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new EBR.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
I have bought magazines from magcommander.com . Often the best prices available, reasonable shipping ($2.99 flat rate), and great service.

CDNN , Botach, PSA, and some other decent sources have also had some excellent deals on mags.

Sent from my Huawei Phablet using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Oh man, you should have said something. PSA has their D&H (Standard 30 round GI MILSPEC) magazines with MAGPUL followers for $5.99 on Black Friday Special. Standard shipping appears to be $8.50, or at least that is what they always charge me. These are the best of the aluminium mags bar none. Botach has the Lancer L5-AWM mags (all sizes) on sale 6 for $55 and free shipping, although all the 30 rounders they have in stock are the solid colors. There have been some good deals on the Gen2 PMags for under $10, but I have a .458 SOCOM and it doesn't work with the PMags, the Lancers do though, so if I buy plastic mags they are Lancers. As I understand it, the Gen3 PMags only changed for SCAR compatibility and since the SCAR is a POS, there is no need to bother with them.

My oldest son just PCS'd to Germany and left me a dozen GI Issue (Circle K) mags. The first thing I did was toss the green followers and put in new MAGPULS, huge difference. Best deal on MAGPUL followers is Botach, I negotiated 6 of the 3 packs for $5 each. The new GI mags have brown followers and are much better than the old green ones, but nothing beats the MAGPULS.

Botach also has the MAGPUL Ranger plates for $14.20 for a pack of 3, although I like the floppy rubber originals better (quieter and take up less room). Still duct tape works fine if you are on a budget.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts