Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Happy Birthday to ME!!

2K views 21 replies 19 participants last post by  cobraboy 
#1 · (Edited)
I picked up my new-to-me PT1911AL at noon, rushed home, stripped and cleaned it, and headed for the backyard. Wow, do I love this gun! I can't jerk the trigger ... it's too soft. Novak sights are so much better than my 1918 built Government Colt 1911. It fed, fired, and ejected everything. I'll post better photos later, but her she is ...
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel

:)

Just a quick note: My neighbor stopped by this afternoon to shoot his S&W 40 and I let him shoot my PT1911. He liked it as much as I do. His question: How much extra was the trigger job, ventilated trigger, Novak sights, extended thumb safety, combat hammer, etc? I told him that's the way Taurus makes 'em. I shot another box and it's the best gun I've ever owned. I thought my PT99 was great but this is even better.
Three cheers for Taurus.
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun barrel Airsoft gun

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol Gun barrel

See less See more
#4 ·
Happy birthday. Mine is August 3rd, more than enough time for you to save up and get me the same, thats a beautiful weapon.

#6 ·
Nothing like a big grin on your B-day congrats and Happy Birthday..... :clap:

#7 ·
Only a few things better then a new gun on your birthday. We all know you're having a happy one!!

#8 ·
Congratulations on your fine new PT1911AL!

I have one too, and I love it because it is lighter than a regular PT1911, and because it shoots the centers out of my targets. :)

#9 ·
Happy Birthday and congratulations on your new gun.

#10 ·
Happy Birthday and congrats on your new 1911 the greatest handgun made. OH Happy Day LOL :)

#12 ·
Congratulations on your new firearm.

#14 ·
Congrats, and CONGRATS!! It would be rude to ask your age, but I was wondering if you bought that 1918 NIB?? :D

#18 ·
You know what when I got my PT1911AL I had exactly the same reaction! Now, 10,000 plus rounds later, I still have the same reaction! Isn't it great? I find it amazing that something so simple can be so much fun! Enjoy!

#20 ·
Happy birthday! I bet that you opened that box and exclaimed " It's JUST what I WANTED !! " :D

Seriously, congrats on the new PT 1911...it is one of the finest versions of that time honored designs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.